Hearphones vs. Quiet Comfort for reading out loud during noisy car trips

Silent Starter

Hearphones vs. Quiet Comfort for reading out loud during noisy car trips

I'm looking at purchasing either a pair of Hearphones or some of the new Quiet Comfort 700 headphones to use when my partner and I are on long drives. We like to read to each other, but noisy pavement often makes that impossible. It looks like either or both of these products could work for this, but in the case of the headphones, we would need to use them to make a phone call from her phone to mine, and essentially be on the phone the whole trip. I am wondering if the Hearphones would be a simpler and just as effective way to make this happen. 

Question:  will the Hearphones mute/cancel the ambient loud noise EXCEPT for voice, and let the reading voice prevail? 

Thanks for any advice!! 

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Hearphones vs. Quiet Comfort for reading out loud during noisy car trips

Hi Schwitters,

Thank you for joining the Bose Hear Community. 

Reading to each other on long car trips sounds like a lovely way to share the time together.  I've been contemplating a long road trip with family and your idea sounds wonderful.

I haven't used the QuietComfort 35 headphones or the Noise Cancelling Headphones 700 so I can't give you a first-hand comparison report.

I have used Bose Hearphones while travelling in a car (as a passenger) and found they enhanced my ability to participate in conversations.

Please check your local driving regulations about using headphones and ear-buds while driving.   Here is an excerpt for the Bose Hearphones Owner's Guide.

Hearphones Safety Instructions.jpg

ST