Highlighted
wishlin
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 28, 2017

Hearphones won't charge

My husband's hearphones were purchased in mid-July. They've only been used a few times and now they won't charge. The light is blinking red and stays that way. Anybody have a solution?
9 REPLIES 9
Community Manager

Re: Hearphones won't charge

Hi wishlin,

Welcome to the community. I am sorry to hear your Hearphones won't charge.

Please try this:

1. Connect the USB cable to a power source (a charger or computer) and the other end to your Hearphones. for 15 minutes
  2. Remove the cable from the Hearphones for at least 1 minute
  3. Connect the cable again and charge for 15 minutes.
  4. Remove the cable from the Hearphones for at least 1 minute
  5. Connect the cable again and charge for 15 minutes.

That should bring your Hearphones back to life. If it doesn't please call us at 1 800-761-2673 and we'll take care of you.

Please come back and tell us how you make out with these instructions.

Thank you,

ST

wishlin
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 28, 2017

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately this did not solve the problem with my husband's hearphones. I followed your instructions very carefully but still, when plugging the hearphones in to charge, they flash yellow for a few minutes then change to flashing red. 

Community Manager

Hi wishlin,

Thanks for coming back to tell us how you are doing. I'm sorry this attempt to restore the charging function did not work for you.

Please call us at 1 800-761-2673 and we'll take care of you.

Thank you,

ST

wishlin
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 28, 2017

Thanks. I am temporarily residing in Hong Kong. I will have to finish taking care of this when i return to the US in January.

Community Manager

Hi wishlin,

I am sorry we couldn't get your Hearphones going again. Please contact us at the support line when you get back.

Thank you,

ST

Geaston
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 17, 2019

I am having the same issues with my here phone's not charging. This is my 2nd set I've only had them a few months. But here's my conditions I'm in snowy weather where the outside temp is only like 34゚. I had it plugged into the wall 110 inside where it was about 70 degrees but indicator was a solid red light. I left it plugged in all night and when I powered them up it was still at 10%. Then I tried with 12 V in my car and still have the same solid red light.
Community Manager

Hi Geaston,

Thank you for joining the Bose Hear Community. I'm sorry your Hearphones aren't charging correctly.

Temperature can affect the battery life when you're outside in the cold, but not the ability to charge your Hearphones at room temperature.

Please call Bose Hearphones Support - 1 800-761-2673 on Tuesday after the holiday. We'll take care of you.

Thank you,

ST

Warfrog
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 16, 2019

My Bose Hearphones won’t charge at all. No light comes on at any outlet I’ve tried.
Community Manager

Hi Warfrog,

Thank you for joining the Bose Hear Community. I'm sorry your Bose Hearphones are not charging.

Have you tried a different USB cable?  If you have and they still won't charge, please call Bose Hearphones Support - 1 800-761-2673 on Monday.

Thank you,

ST