Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 16, 2018

I have an audio gram. where do I go from there.

I have an audiogram from an ENTs office.  Is there guidance on how to adjust Hearphones based on that.

Tom Barnwell

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: I have an audio gram. where do I go from there.

Hi, Tom,

Thank you for joining the Bose Hear Community.

@barnwell47 wrote:

I have an audiogram from an ENTs office.  Is there guidance on how to adjust Hearphones based on that.

Tom Barnwell

Thanks for the great question.

We can't provide guidance on how to adjust Bose Hearphones based on an audiogram. Here's why.

WIth Bose Hearphones you can adjust Directivity, World Volume, unwanted environmental sounds and there is a Bass/Treble control to enhance your experience of having conversations in noisy environments. These things are not captured in an audiogram.  An audiogram can't provide guidance on how to adjust Bose Hearphones.

Do you have Bose Hearphones now? If not, the best way to know if they will work for you is to try them. You can try Bose Hearphones in store. If that's not convenient, you can order them online. Please follow this link to read about the Bose 30-day trial.

Does that help?
ST

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 16, 2018

I have the Hearphones now.  Here's where I am... 

Just FYI, I have a bit of Technical Knowledge; I have a Masters Degree in System Engineering and an Advanced Class Amateur Radio License.

My audiogram show my hearing threshold at 10 dB from 500 Hz to 2000Hz  At 250 Hz I'm at about 20 dB (15 Left, 25 Right).  At 4000 Hz, at about 27 db (20 Right, 35 Left) and at 8000 Hz I'm at about 45 db (30 Right, 55 Left).

I've got my Hearphones set at +10 World Volume, +25 Treble, and 6 Left on Balance.

Does that seem consistent? (I'm not asking for Medical advice if that's your concern)  

Do the level settings on the Hearphones correspond to dB (they seem to based on my settings but that might be coincidence).

Tom

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, Tom.

How nice to know you better. Thank you.

With your extensive background, I'm sure you'll understand - the more you know, the more likely you will preface a response with "It depends..."

We've found that people are remarkably good at finding the optimum settings for their Bose Hearphones, on their own.  From what you've told us, I'm sure it's the same with you.

We don't calibrate the display settings in the Bose Hear app in dB.  You know that decibels are a logarithmic way of expressing a ratio (and to make it easier for a person to relate to changes). The graphics in the app do the same thing. 

Are you enjoying your Hearphones?

Sincerely,

ST