Highlighted
captrbh
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 4, 2019

Modify Bose Bluetooth sunglasses

One of the Customers on my charter boat in Key West was wearing Bose Bluetooth sunglasses. He loved them. It occurred to me that with a little modification it might be possible to turn them into hearing aids. Instead of taking the sound from a Bluetooth source, Maybe a small microphone to pick up speaking in close proximity and amplifying it for people that are having hearing issues. Does anybody know if anything like this is on the drawing board? I have a friend that is too vain to wear hearing aids but definitely needs them. Sunglasses that work like hearing aids would be awesome

2 REPLIES 2
Community Manager

Re: Modify Bose Bluetooth sunglasses

Hi captrbh,

Thank you for joining the Bose Hear Community.

Thank you for your interest.

"One of the Customers on my charter boat in Key West was wearing Bose Bluetooth sunglasses. He loved them. It occurred to me that with a little modification it might be possible to turn them into hearing aids. Instead of taking the sound from a Bluetooth source, Maybe a small microphone to pick up speaking in close proximity and amplifying it for people that are having hearing issues. Does anybody know if anything like this is on the drawing board? I have a friend that is too vain to wear hearing aids but definitely needs them. Sunglasses that work like hearing aids would be awesome."

That's an exciting idea. 

Bose doesn't talk about future products that may be in development, and we're always working on something.

The current Bluetooth technology is not fast enough for live sound transmission. There would be a visible delay between seeing someone speak, and hearing them. 

Have you tried Bose Hearphones?

ST

Jdjames
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 13, 2019

Re: Modify Bose Bluetooth sunglasses

I just discovered the Bose sunglasses and my instantaneous thought was to cross them with the Hearphones! 

I would be first in line. 

Especially if the lenses could be prescription! 

Very exciting for those of us with mild to moderate hearing loss.