Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 7, 2019

My hearphones - Battery cover, Modes for Left/Right focus

Hello. I have had my hearphones for a couple of months. Extremely pleased. My $5,000 hearing aids are in the bureau drawer.

One small gripe - the cover for the charging port is poorly designed. very difficult to open.

One suggestion for the next generation - the hearphones do not work well in a car, in any mode. it would be great, for the next version, if Bose could add two more modes - one focusing on sound coming from the right and one for sound coming from the left.

Regards, Al

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Dec 23, 2016

Re: My hearphones - Battery cover, Modes for Left/Right focus

Hi, Al.

Thank you for joining the Bose Hear community.  It's terrific to hear you are pleased with your Bose Hearphones.

Battery Cover

I open the cover of the charging port by moving my thumb across the little flap from the inside toward the outside.  There's a tiny tab on the inside edge of the flap. Rubbing across it with makes it pop open. Also, when I put the flap in after charging - I don't push it in hard. It makes it easier to open it later. Does that help you?

Left / Right Focus Modes

Try this:

• Set WORLD VOLUME and TREBLE/BASS to comfortable levels
  • Set the Left/Right BALANCE all the way to the Left.
    • Exit from BALANCE
  • Tap DIRECTIVITY (bottom row, middle icon)
  • Set the DIRECTIVITY to FOCUSED, listen for a bit
  • Set the DIRECTIVITY to FRONT, listen for a bit
  • Set the DIRECTIVITY to EVERYWHERE, listen for a bit
  • Choose the DIRECTIVITY you prefer

• Exit from DIRECTIVITY
  • At the top right of the screen, tap +
  • Tap CREATE NEW
  • Name you new Mode "LEFT"

You have created a new Mode called LEFT and you can access that by tapping the Modes icon.

Create a new Mode called RIGHT

Does that help?

ST

PS

No discussion about using your Hearphones in a car would be complete without this note from the owners guide.

Hearphones Safety Car.jpg

Participant
Registered since

Dec 7, 2019

Thanks for your help.

I am still extremely pleased with the hearphones. Went to 2 holiday parties this weekend. I was amazed at how well I heard the conversations when in the focus mode.

I tried the suggestion of really unbalancing to the right or left, but I got a large amount of low frequency noise. This approach won't really work for me anyway, because my left ear hearing is essentially gone (maybe an implant in a year or so). So if my only problem is poor performance in the car, I am still way ahead.

Regards, Al

Highlighted
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Dec 23, 2016

Hi, Al.

Thanks for coming back to tell us how you are doing with your Bose Hearphones.  I'm sorry things didn't work out better in the car, but if overall, you're pleased and still way ahead - I'm delighted for you.

All the best,

ST