Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 6, 2020

Notifications from my phone are too loud

I would love to enjoy these headphones independently from the noises my phone produces.  When using the hearphones, every letter I type when typing a text or email, every email or text alert I receive is heard loud and clear through the hearphones and at times startles the bejezus out of me.  I cannot seem to control it.  Here's a scenario -- I am playing gentle background music while going about my daily life.  I have world noise on, so it's like having a soundtrack playing everywhere I go.  However, an email comes in and the alert is about as loud as it gets!  This scares me since I am not expecting it and I jump causing people around me wonder if something is wrong with my mental state.  If I can turn off all the "phone" noises and just enjoy the world noise settings & perhaps gentle music, I'd like that.   Side note:  I use an iPhone 7 (or 8?).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Notifications from my phone are too loud

Author Accepted Answer selected by brandnewjames

Hi, brandnewjames.

Thanks for telling us about your predicament.  Our technology shouldn't scare us, should it?

I found an article about managing notifications (sounds)

Apple iPhone 7 Plus Sound Management: How to access, configure and set sound, volume, and audio sett...

I hope there's something helpful there for you.

Sincerely,

ST

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Community Manager
Community Manager

Author Accepted Answer selected by brandnewjames

Hi, brandnewjames.

Thanks for telling us about your predicament.  Our technology shouldn't scare us, should it?

I found an article about managing notifications (sounds)

Apple iPhone 7 Plus Sound Management: How to access, configure and set sound, volume, and audio sett...

I hope there's something helpful there for you.

Sincerely,

ST

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Jan 3, 2019

I'm sure you'll find an answer somewhere in that article @ST linked, but the quick version is open "Settings" app, tap "sounds". There you can adjust lower the volume of "Ringers and Alerts" independent of the media (music) volume.

Android users can do the same, by opening "Settings" and find and tap "sound" (you may have to scroll to find it). There you will be able to adjust volumes separately for media, call volume, ring volume, and alarms.

I do this almost any time I'm ucing my phone to play music, because I enjoy my music with a bit of volume, and nothing ruins a musical experience like the email "ding" from another piece of spam coming in. In fact, for a listening session, I tend to turn all the sounds down except for "media".

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Barefoot Mike.

Thanks for helping!

ST