Over or Under the Collar

Highlighted
Community Manager

Over or Under the Collar

Hearphones are designed to be worn over or under the collar of a shirt and should hang like a neckband with the opening at the front.  When putting Hearphones on, the Bose logo should be visible on the right top side while wearing it.  The controls on the device are also on the right side while wearing Hearphones.  Anyone have any tips or tricks for donning Hearphones or wearing them with a collared shirt or turtleneck?

6 REPLIES
Friendly Fanatic

Re: Over or Under the Collar

Eunice,

I have found that using them with a t-shirt the Hearphones tend to slid around. When I wear a shirt with a collat I place it under the collar and it stays in place. It does make it more difficult to get at the controls. 

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Stealth,

I also find that worn with a collarless shirt, my Hearphones slide around. I tend not to notice until I reach for the controls or feel the tug of a cable when things have wandered too far. 

If I'm wearing a collared shirt, I wear my Hearphones under the shirt rather than tucked under the collar. Under the collar seems to shorten-up the free length of the cables.

ST

Noisy Narrator

I don't [yet?] own Hearphones, but I do have their phsycially very similar cousins the QC30's.  I recently wrote about how I find the outside-the-collar approach works very well for me with very little movement.  You may or may not find it useful, but here's the link:  https://community.bose.com/t5/Wireless-Headphones/QC30-s-slipping-around-Possible-workaround/td-p/51...

*** Please Note: I do not work for Bose; please don't private message me your support questions!
Animated Arbiter

How do you wear them outside with a heavy coat or with a hooded sweater?

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Murrydog,

I wear my Hearphones inside heavy garments. This may be easier to understand when yours arrive.

I'm excited for you.

ST

Noisy Narrator

@Murrydog I wear mine [EDIT: my QC30] between my innerwear (shirt) and outerwear (coat/jacket) personally.  I don't wear heavy sweaters so can't really comment on that.  

*** Please Note: I do not work for Bose; please don't private message me your support questions!