Highlighted
Tony Stephens
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 7, 2019

Pause button

Curious if you have considered a huge button meant to pause whatever is being broadcast via Bluetooth?

I find with my new hearing aids that I often wish, as I see someone approaching, to be able to tap a badge / pendent or some other large trigger that has no other function than to pause the audio book or music I am playing. Tap it again and the audio app resumes.

Instead when someone approaches I have to get out my phone, unlock it the phone, tap the apps pause, and then, feel rude when I have to ask the person to repeat the last 15 seconds of what they just said to me. This is embarrassing, even if to a minor degree.

I want a badge on my chest, a la Star Trek, that when I see the approach I can just tap in a swift gesture, and it pauses and holds my place in a story.

When I saw the hearphones I thought perhaps the neck ring might be able to accommodate this function. It needs to be dead simple. No hunting, no precision needed just a tap or pinch. Maybe it is an almost separate piece, that hangs down off the neck ring.

That is my feature suggestion. Thanks,

Tony

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager

Re: Pause button

Author Accepted Answer selected by Tony Stephens

Hi Tony Stephens, 

Thank you for joining the Bose Hear Community. It's always exciting when someone uses their Bose Hearphones enough to imagine how it can be better.

There is a Pause button.  It will work if the app you are using supports the Bluetooth Play/Pause function.  If it doesn't work, then the app you are using for audio doesn't support the Bluetooth Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP).  

Please see the notes below.

Try it!

ST

Using the headphone controls

The headphone controls are located on the inline remote below the right earbud.

Hearphones Headphone Multifunction Control.jpg

Media playback and volume functions

Play/pause:
Press the multi-function button.

Skip forward:
Press the multi-function button twice quickly.

Skip backward:
Press the multi-function button three times quickly.

Fast forward:
Press the multi-function button twice quickly and hold the second press.

Rewind:
Press the multi-function button three times quickly and hold the third press.

Volume up:
Press +

Volume down:
Press -

3 REPLIES 3
Community Manager

Author Accepted Answer selected by Tony Stephens

Hi Tony Stephens, 

Thank you for joining the Bose Hear Community. It's always exciting when someone uses their Bose Hearphones enough to imagine how it can be better.

There is a Pause button.  It will work if the app you are using supports the Bluetooth Play/Pause function.  If it doesn't work, then the app you are using for audio doesn't support the Bluetooth Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP).  

Please see the notes below.

Try it!

ST

Using the headphone controls

The headphone controls are located on the inline remote below the right earbud.

Hearphones Headphone Multifunction Control.jpg

Media playback and volume functions

Play/pause:
Press the multi-function button.

Skip forward:
Press the multi-function button twice quickly.

Skip backward:
Press the multi-function button three times quickly.

Fast forward:
Press the multi-function button twice quickly and hold the second press.

Rewind:
Press the multi-function button three times quickly and hold the third press.

Volume up:
Press +

Volume down:
Press -

Tony Stephens
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 7, 2019

Having thought twice about this answer I take back my "Acceptance" of the answer.

I really think it needs to be dead simple to "Pause" phones audio. After reading others concerns with accuracy of on/off and seeing "where"  the pause button is, that is still not good enough for what I envision as useful.

I needs to be as dead simple as I described:

A BIG surface, three or four fingers wide would not be too big, at the tip of the collar that one can just tap and pause. For me I would prefer the left tip as I am right handed and could have the easiest reach up across my chest.

I see the person approaching and TAP I am listening only to them. Immediate, no fuss. Anything short of that is not good enough. Yes I understand it could be tapped accidentally, but I'd prefer having to tap to restart my book and would certainly risk it.

Any reason they could not be made with this feature as an option?

An alternative might be a "keyword" that pauses but I just assume not have people walking toward me wonder why I am uttering "Rumpelstiltskin".

Thanks for considering,

Tony

Community Manager

Hi Tony,

Thanks for explaining. I understand now. You want a bigger pause button.  We have a discussion thread dedicated to

Feature Requests and Suggestions for Improvements

Please follow the link above and add your suggestion there.

Thank you!

ST