Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 23, 2020

Quitting a call on iPhone always initiates Music app on MacBook

I have paired my Bose Hearphones with my iPhone and MacBook Pro. I regularly make and receive phone calls with the iPhone and they work just fine with Bose. I also attend on-line meetings with my MacBook Pro, and there too Bose works fine.

However, when I have made or received a phone call, and Bose is connected to both my iPhone and my MacBook Pro, there is a problem when the call comes to an end. Finishing off the call by either party will initiate the Music app on my MacBook Pro, and start playing the first tune, there. This happens every single time, which is very annoying!!!

I have another bluetooth headset from Plantronics. When I pair that device with my iPhone and MacBook Pro, and use it in the same way as Bose, there is no problem when finishing the call.

Clearly, this is a Bose Hearphone issue. Has anyone experienced similar problems? Is there any Bose-staff here that could comment?

Cheers

Juhani

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Quitting a call on iPhone always initiates Music app on MacBook

Hi, Juhani,

Thank you for joining the Bose Hear Community.

That's an interesting question. I'll check with some colleagues here to see if we have heard about this issue before and if there's a solution.  This may take a few business days.  Thanks for your patience.

ST

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 23, 2020

Re: Quitting a call on iPhone always initiates Music app on MacBook

Thanks, I'll await for your feedback. You don't even have to finish a call to get the effect. Just switch the iPhone connection from Bose to anything else (iPhone, speaker, Plantronics), and ta'daa... MacBook will initiate Music and start playing the first piece.

Apple support assumes that there is some flaw in how Bose uses AirPlay. They were unable to solve the problem, as other devices work perfectly, and this only occurs with Bose Hearphones.