mtflo
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 15, 2019

Squealing, physical pain

I had such great hopes for the hearphones.  The constant squealing.  The physical pain of the ear buds just making the ears hurt so bad, makes them red and swollen.  I was worried about the battery life, but can't leave them in my ears long enough to worry about it.

I expected so much more from Bose, the company should be ashmed. 

7 REPLIES 7
Community Manager

Re: Squealing, physical pain

Hi mtflo,

Thank you for joining the Bose Hear Community. I'm sorry you are having problems with squealing and the ear tips making your ears hurt.

The squealing can be because you haven't yet found how to place the ear tips in your ears. This can also cause physical discomfort. 

Please watch the video below. 

If you still have trouble with squealing or discomfort, please call us so we can help.

Bose Hearphones Support - 1 800-761-2673.

Thank you,

ST

mtflo
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 15, 2019

My right ear is swollen shut at this point so done playing with the 5 cent piece of plastic.

Community Manager

Hi mtflo,

That sounds unpleasant.  Are you within the retailer's return period?  Did you get your Hearphones directly from Bose?

ST

mtflo
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 15, 2019

Yes, I did order them directly from Bose, only have had them about 5 days so I can return them I assume.

Community Manager

Hi mtflo,

Satisfaction is guaranteed on all Bose® products purchased by consumers directly from Bose. We want you to be thrilled, so if you're not satisfied with your purchase for any reason, simply return it within the 30-day* trial period for a full refund.

If you purchased a product on Bose.com and feel that it just isn't right for you, please call 1-800-999-2673 to begin the return.

If you would like let us work with you to try to resolve the squealing and issues with the StayHear+ Ear Tips, please call Bose Hearphones Support - 1 800-761-2673.

Thank you,

ST

Murrydog
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Nov 2, 2018

Sorry your having such a issue. I went through a similar experience. 

I would bet your issue is because you are trying to plug or push your HearPhone into your ear. That will not work and will cause the issue you are experiencing. I suggest you give your ears a few days to heal!  Then without pushing the ear piece in gently hold it to the ear and give it a slight twist to allow the ear tab to go under the ridge on your ear. The soft rubber will seal with little to no pressure. I found that a little hand lotion will help the soreness. 

PM me if you need more help. 

Highlighted
Missyloo
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 15, 2018

We all have different morphologies and I'm sure it's impossible to design a product that fits everyone perfectly.
Nevertheless, having a unilateral deafness, I wear only the right earpiece and I had exactly the same problem at the beginning. After a few days / weeks, my right ear gets used to wearing the earpiece all the time and today, I am no longer discomfort, I can even forget that I wear it in my ear.

Forgetting people with a particular morphology, it takes time to adapt, it's like new shoes ^^