Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 21, 2020

This is exasperating. or I am an idiot. Can't get hearphones to take a charge, out of the box.

I am hard of hearing.  These sounded great.  Came with a USB power up.  Plugged into charger block and wall.  Came back 24 hours later.  Could not turn on.  Did the same with 2nd charger cord (not the provided one).  Same outcome.  Send to Bose for a return.

They sent me new headphones.  Same exact experience.  What am I doing wrong?  I have tried supplied and my own cables, bricks from apple and Best Buy and whatever.  I hear a firm click when I put either cable in.

I would really like this $400 purchase to work.  Thanks for any advice.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 21, 2020

Re: This is exasperating. or I am an idiot. Can't get hearphones to take a charge, out of the box.

Bose Best Answer selected by Community Manager ST

Hey some good news.  I have only been using USB via a computer port and it is charging fine.  Wanted to let you know.

Thanks,

Tim Cleary

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: This is exasperating. or I am an idiot. Can't get hearphones to take a charge, out of the box.

Hi Tim999,

Thank you for joining the Bose Hear Community.

I'm sorry you're having trouble charging your Bose Hearphones.

When you connect the charging cable does a light come on, on the Hearphones?  It may initially show red, and then blinking amber while it is charging. 

If you don't the blinking amber light, then the Hearphones aren't charging. 

That could be an issue with the Hearphones. That seems unlikely you would have the same problem with two different units.

The surprising part is you've also had the same experience after trying different charging cables.

You mentioned, "bricks from apple and Best Buy and whatever". Are these AC chargers that you plug into the wall or power bricks (battery packs)? We've heard from at least one manufacturer of the battery pack power bricks - that the Bose Hearphones draw so little power that the power brick times-out, shuts-down, and stops providing power to charge the Hearphones.

If you are using a power brick, please try an AC charger (one that plugs into the wall).

Does that help?
ST

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 21, 2020

Thanks for the response.

No, these are regular USB put in the wall bricks.  Tested a number of them on various iPads and iPhones and kindles and whatnot.  None of them worked.  Ideas?

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Tim999,

Thanks for this added information.

@Tim999 wrote:

Thanks for the response.

No, these are regular USB put in the wall bricks.  Tested a number of them on various iPads and iPhones and kindles and whatnot.  None of them worked.  Ideas?

Pick one of your chargers and the Bose USB cable.  I know the Bose cable is short and I'm sorry if this is inconvenient. Connect the USB cable to the charger and to the Hearphones power input as shown below.

To charge the headphones:

Open the hinged door on the inside right side of the neckband

Plug the small end of the USB cable into the USB connector

Hearphones Power.png

Plug the other end of the USB cable into a wall charger or computer that is powered on

• While charging, the battery icon blinks amber 
    • Tim999, does the battery icon blink amber?
    • If it doesn't, please try a different charger.
  • When the battery is fully charged, the battery icon glows solid green 

Please let me know how that goes.

Thank you,

ST

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 21, 2020

I tried with five different USB charger blocks and 2 different cables.  All of them worked on other USB charging devices (iPad etc).   Never got anything.  

What do you suggest I do at this point?  I have a product that doesn't appear to work.

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, Tim999,

Thanks for checking. Please call us on our dedicated support line for Bose Hearphones.

Bose Hearphones Support - 1 800-761-2673.

Thank you,

ST

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 21, 2020

Bose Best Answer selected by Community Manager ST

Hey some good news.  I have only been using USB via a computer port and it is charging fine.  Wanted to let you know.

Thanks,

Tim Cleary

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Tim,

Thanks for coming back to tell us you got things working. Enjoy your Bose Hearphones.

ST