Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 27, 2019

Tinnitus?

Hi has anyone using hearphones had any experience of using Hearphone and Tinitus!

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Tinnitus?

Hi GrillaBBQ,

Thank you for joining the Hearphones community and for your interest in Bose Hearphones.

I hear your concern.  Because tinnitus is a medical condition I encourage you to discuss what is right for you with your doctor.

Bose Corporation does not make any claims about relief of hearing loss tinnitus, hyperacusis or autism, and we have not conducted any long-term clinical studies of the headphones’ effect on tinnitus, hyperacusis or autism.

With the Bose Corporation 30-day trial period, we can suggest consumers try Bose Hearphones personally.

Sincerely,

ST

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 20, 2019

I have tinnitus and have jumped into the Hearphone technology.  Overall, for the price and usefulness, I strongly recommend them. 

My findings over the past year are:

1. The hearphones help a lot to have a conversations when you are in a crowd or in a noisy environment (party, out for dinner, business meeting, etc.).

2. Having a discussion on a cellphone works very well.  You can hear and have the conversation much better versus not having them.  bluetooth works great.

3. The noise cancelling works very well.

4. adjustability in the app is ok, not great.  Would be much better with ability to adjust specific frequencies versus just Treble/Bass.

5. Sound quality is typical Bose (great).

The downside is:

1. Any very high-pitch noises (clinking glasses, cutlery, falling dishes, etc.) is almost painful to your ears.

2. a one-on-one conversation in a quiet environment, the hearphones don't do too much.

3. They don't do much for me watching TV.  Maybe I'm not adjusting h app properly.

4. I tend to talk too quiet when I've got them on, because I hear so much better (with much less perceived background noise). 

All that being said, everyone has different levels of tinnitus (Consult your doc).  I tried them in a noisy Bose store (on purpose), and for business meetings, noisy environments, out for dinner, etc. they really help me (but may not/will not be the same for everyone).  For me they work very well.

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, Pegger.

Welcome to the Bose Hear Community. Thank you for joining us.

Please

Tell us your story

and check out the

User Research Hearing Survey

Here a few suggestions.

"1. Any very high-pitch noises (clinking glasses, cutlery, falling dishes, etc.) is almost painful to your ears."

Yes, this can be an issue because these sounds are in frequency range we need to need to understand conversations. We can't filter them out without losing speech intelligibility. I turn down the World Volume when I anticipate these kinds of noises. Unfortunately, you can't anticipate everything.

"2. a one-on-one conversation in a quiet environment, the hearphones don't do too much."

Try turning up the World Volume any time you need to enhance your experience of a conversation (even in a quiet environment).

"3. They don't do much for me watching TV. Maybe I'm not adjusting h app properly."

If you are listening privately you can listen via Bluetooth if your TV is capable of sending audio via Bluetooth.  I have some more notes about this in Bose Hearphones and TV - Private and Social Listening.

"4. I tend to talk too quiet when I've got them on, because I hear so much better (with much less perceived background noise)."

Yes, it can take a little time to get used to talking while wearing your Hearphones.  If you can practice with a friend you can learn how to speak loud enough to suit other people.

I'm glad you're here.

ST

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Sep 14, 2017

I have constant tinnitus ... Severe at times (like right now).  I've found that headphones provide some relief, especially if I boost the treble slightly.   I've read a few articles that have suggested tinnitus can be linked to higher frequency  hearing loss and tend to agree - at least in my case.

As for medical "professionals", none have been able to provide a workable solution for my case - all have simply suggested various pill supplements.  My headphones actually provide relief.  I've been using them for several years now.