Highlighted
@mwdrums
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 4, 2019

World Volume Only Working In Right Channel

When I listen to music, both channels work perfectly.  When I turn up the World volume, I only hear it in the right channel. Anyone have this problem, or better yet, a solution?

Thanks in advance.

-MW

5 REPLIES 5
Community Manager

Re: World Volume Only Working In Right Channel

Hi MW,

Thank you for joining the Bose Hear Community.

I'm sorry you're only hearing World Volume in the right side. 

In the Bose Hear app, there is a Balance Control. (Tap the button near the bottom left).

Please check that the balance is set up the middle. If it is and you are still only hearing external sounds through the right channel, please call us. We will help you.

Bose Hearphones Support - 1 800-761-2673.

Thanks,

ST

Siff
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 14, 2019

Yup, I bought my Hearphones back in March of 2018 and started encountering this issue today.

Right before the left world volume went silent, the left bud started making a lot of loud static followed by a couple pops. Bluetooth sound still works great, but no world volume.

i suspect that the world volume microphone blew out, though the actual noise cancelling still seems to work in the left bud so it appears that noise cancelling uses a different mic then world volume.

Community Manager

Hi, Siff.

Thank you for joining the Bose Hear Community.  I'm sorry the WORLD VOLUME isn't working for you.  

You're right, the WORLD VOLUME uses different microphones (there are two of them) than the noise cancelling function. 

If you have tried using the Bose Hear app to adjust the Left-Right balance and you still only get WORLD VOLUME from one side, please call us for more help with troubleshooting and service options.  We're here to help. Bose Hearphones Support - 1 800-761-2673. 

Thank you,

ST

Siff
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 14, 2019

Thanks ST,

My Hearphones were outside of the standard 1 year warranty, but they are going to replace them for me anyway once I ship them back in.

Community Manager

Hi Siff,

That sounds great. Thanks for coming back to tell us about your experience with Bose Hear Support.

ST