Highlighted
AmazinglySmooth
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 18, 2019

lots of hiss at zero World Volume

I notice that there is a lot of hiss at zero or even lower World Volume.  Is this normal?

3 REPLIES 3
Community Manager

Re: lots of hiss at zero World Volume

Hi AmazinglySmooth,

Some people report hearing a slight hiss when using active noise cancellation.  With your Bose Hearphones, the active noise cancellation is always on, when the unit is turned on.  The amount of cancellation is constant regardless of the setting of World Volume. The World Volume controls how much of the outside sound you hear. 

If you are not streaming Bluetooth, please turn down the streaming volume using the large button marked the  -  sign.

Click the picture for more details.

Do you still hear the hiss?

In response to your other question, I suggested you watch the video on how to ensure you have the correct fit for Bose Hearphones. When you have the right-sized ear-tips and them placed correctly in your ears, there shoudn't be an intrusive hiss.  If there is, please call us and we will help you to determine if you there's a problem with your Bose Hearphones.  Bose Hearphones Support - 1 800-761-2673.

Thank you,

ST

bigbearvo
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 24, 2019

I’ve noticed high level of hiss 0 world volume, associated with noticeable difference in EQ and frequency response between the left and right mics.  I think they’re defective.

Community Manager

Hi bigbearvo,

Thank you for writing and welcome to the Bose Hear community.

There should not be a high level of hiss at 0 World Volume.  Let's start there and address your concern that your Bose Hearphones may be defective.

Please call Bose Support so we can help you.  Bose Hearphones Support - 1 800-761-2673. 

Thank you.

ST