Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
allanhobbs55
Participant
Registered since

Jun 18, 2020

321 GS Series II Optical connection to TV

Hello

I have the above and am trying to connect to a new Samsung Smart TV via the optical cable.
The 321 GS works perfectly but the Optical port has never been used.
When I setup the TV to use optical it sets up seemingly okay but there is no sound on the BOSE.
The optical cable shows a red light at the BOSE end so the optical cable is working.
I have no other optical devices to test the BOSE.
What can be wrong?

The only thing I can see is that the BOSE optical input is not working.

There is nothing in the manual at all about the optical input.

The TV only has one output, the optical.

Our nearest branch is/was Penrith, NSW, but their phone is always engaged.

Please HELP

2 REPLIES 2
Andres746
Participant
Registered since

Jun 19, 2020

Re: 321 GS Series II Optical connection to TV

I have a similar problem myself, hence I am browsing this site. My instructions say that I need to go into system menu and activate the optical option under media center. However I cannot display the Bose menu on screen. If you’re able to display your Bose menu, you would need to go into that. Good luck!

Jeff_G

Re: 321 GS Series II Optical connection to TV

Hello allanhobbs55, 

Thanks for reaching out! 

As mentioned by @Andres746, the optical source must be assigned in the menu to activate the speaker. 

To assign the optical audio input:

1. On the remote control, press the System button
    Tip: If the system menu does not appear on your TV, be sure the correct TV input is selected
  2. Scroll right to select Media Center
  3. Scroll down to select Optical Source
  4. Press the Right arrow button to select the optical source options
  5. Scroll up or down to select the button on your remote that will choose optical audio (e.g TV)

Once you have assigned the input to the source, you just need to press the TV source button on the remote to select optical audio. 

@Andres746, you can connect to your TV via: Composite, Component, or S-Video to see the on-screen menu. Unfortunately, as this is a legacy device, these connection types are less common on more modern TVs so third party adapters may be required. Component is an HD source, and can support up to 1080p. A component to HDMI converter may be a good solution.

Thanks!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!