Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 20, 2017

4k from lifestyle 535 III series

I've Sony 4K tv , seems like  my lifestyle 550 doesnt support 4K, and I've Apple TV, 4K Blueray player and CABLE, how can enjoy the 4K picture quality and at the same time enjoy the bose sound without juggling with multiple remotes...

Please provide me the solution.

Thank you!

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: 4k from lifestyle 550

Hi arpswaroop,

Thank you for your inquiry. I'd be happy to assist. You would have 2 options in order to be able to take advantage of 4K video resolutions. First, would be connecting all of your 4K compatible devices (Blu-ray player, Apple TV, 4K Cable receiver) directly to your 4K TV via HDMI cables. You would then need to connect a digital optical cable from the TV to the Bose console. This would allow any audio from the TV to be sent to the Bose Lifestyle system. However, this option may involve remote switching, since all your devices are no longer connected directly to the Bose Lifestyle console. 

The second option would be to consider a newer system that allows 4K pass-through:

Please let us know if you have any additional questions!

Best regards,

Brian

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 1, 2018

I am wondering, can you make a Lifestyle 600 console work with the Lifestyle 535 speaker and bass unit as those are already installed

Highlighted
Expert
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

No, and why would you want to?  If you purchase a Bose Soundtouch 600, it comes with the new speakers and subwoofer that would be far superior to the Bose 535 speakers.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 31, 2017

Re: 4k from lifestyle 535 III series

I have the same issue.  I am running all video sources into tv and I can’t get the Bose remote to switch video sources...so juggling remotes.  Just ordered a Harmony remote, should solve the prob.  Bose needs to add more functionality to their remote. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 1, 2018

Because I own a 535 and those are mounted. I'd think the Soundtouch 600 speakers are the same except for the bass speaker. Only the 650 are different.

Highlighted
Leader
Registered since

Apr 4, 2017

Hi Desperatozz

The 535 speakers are indeed jewel cubed but with different connections that fits in the back of the console, with my old 525 series II, the speakers where plugged directly into the accoustimas unit, not sure if this is the same has the 535 series III.

I would call Bose customer service for your country and see if the Lifestyle 600 speakers can be mounted on your existing mounts.

Hope this helps