Killahboo
Participant
Registered since

Apr 12, 2020

700 surround wall mount wobble

Hi all,

I'm new to the forum and was hoping someone could provide me some advice. I've wall mounted my 700 rear speakers using the Bose mounts, however, things don't feel very stable. The speakers wobble quite a bit if touched (granted they won't be touched very much), but it doesn't feel very premium. Is this normal? I've screwed everything together as much as possible.

Also, are the speakers supposed to sit flush to the wall, I seem to have a gap of 1/2 cm between bracket and speaker? 

2 REPLIES 2
Patjcoan
Participant
Registered since

Apr 12, 2020

Re: 700 surround wall mount wobble

I walk mounted mine as well, very stable and the speakers are quite flushed to the wall.  However, this makes me worry if it had a negative impact on sound quality because one of the speakers basically is being smothered.  Was wondering if anyone had any insight on that.  As for your brackets perhaps maybe you need to make sure the screws are all the way tight

Killahboo
Participant
Registered since

Apr 12, 2020

Re: 700 surround wall mount wobble

Mine sound fantastic (a massive improvement over the 300's), but the wobble still worries me, I'm assuming the wobble serves a purpose (they are screwed in as tight as possible).