msg
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 1, 2019

Re: 901 Series V setup advice please

I finally found an amp with a Tape Monitor and happy to report that the active EQ is working and the 901 cabinets are sounding great! 

The amp is a Sony TA-AX320, until I find a replacement that may help deliver better sound I am going to stick with this.

Thanks for the help!

rickatk
Noisy Narrator
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

Re: 901 Series V setup advice please

@msg wrote:

I finally found an amp with a Tape Monitor and happy to report that the active EQ is working and the 901 cabinets are sounding great! 

The amp is a Sony TA-AX320, until I find a replacement that may help deliver better sound I am going to stick with this.

Thanks for the help!

@msg That is great news!

I was going to suggest you look for another receiver when you advised the Onkyo wasn’t working. Often that is the problem when mixing newer tech with older tech. I see that on these forums  where people struggle to get new and old tech to work together. Often the best solution is to move on. I admire your dedication to restoring the Bose 901 speakers and persisting to find a power supply that worked.

The 901 speakers certainly are a curios speaker system. Maybe Bose will bring that model back with updated circuitry so an equalizer is not required. After all other companies are bringing back some of their legacy boxes.

I had the opportunity to get a pair of the latest version 901’s and a receiver to power them. Everything was in pristine condition. However I had moved on to updating and modernizing all my gear to SoundTouch speakers, soundbars and digital music. So I passed. To date I still have never heard a 901 setup except maybe at the disco in my younger days. 

I hope you enjoy your setup!