pleasewait
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 3, 2019

A"please wait" message when FM,CD,AUX is pressed. The unit comes on, i get a"please wait".

Wave Music System III has worked fine for 8 years, now I get a Please wait"  display, flashes 5 times & unit turns off. Power disconnected, same result.  Did I hit a button on the remote to cause this condition by mistake? How do I fix?

Thanks!!

Mike

5 REPLIES 5

Re: A"please wait" message when FM,CD,AUX is pressed. The unit comes on, i get a"please wait".

Hi pleasewait,

Thanks for posting. I am sorry to hear about that. To start I would recommend resetting the speaker. 

Perform a Wave Music System reset.

When the WMS is by itself, follow these steps:

• If there is a disc in the system, eject it whenever possible
  • Turn the system off
  • Disconnect the power cord from the back of the WMS. Wait 30 seconds
  • Reconnect the power cord
    • If there is a disc in the system that was not previously ejected, the disc should eject. The disc will automatically reload if it is not removed within 10 seconds
  • Retest the system

Please give that a try and let us know.

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support

Xenophon?
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 10, 2019

Re: A"please wait" message when FM,CD,AUX is pressed. The unit comes on, i get a"plea

Why has this issue been allowed to continue for years? Unplugging the unit and then waiting for whatever time frame cited doesn't work. Hundreds if not thousands have the same problem.
Highlighted

Re: A"please wait" message when FM,CD,AUX is pressed. The unit comes on, i get a"plea

Hi Xenophon,

Thank you for the question.

"Please Wait" may stay on the screen for many various reasons, typically because of a hardware failure in the system.

We recommend service if a reboot doesn't help so that the product can be repaired and used again.

Best Regards,

Brandon - Community Support

Xenophon?
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 10, 2019

Brandon,
What is the fee to fix the "please wait" problem and where do I send the Bose product?
Thank
Community Manager

Hi Xenophon?,

I would recommend reaching out to your local support team to discuss service options for the Wave system.  Just click HERE and select your country and Contact Us at the bottom of the page. 

Warm Regards,

Tony A