Photoman41
Participant
Registered since

Mar 28, 2017

AC 38 Lifestyle DVD Lifestyle system

I have the Bise AC 38 DVD Lifestyle System.  I was wondering if there is a device which can connect to this system wo allow for a wireless or Bleutooth interface with other systems such as, iPad or Iphone.  Does anyone know of any such device?  Thank you.

10 REPLIES 10
Emmet_H
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 13, 2016

Re: AC 38 Lifestyle DVD Lifestyle system

Hello Photoman41,

We do have this SoundTouch Wireless adapter which would allow you to connect via wifi or Bluetooth to your Lifestyle system. 

Photoman41
Participant
Registered since

Mar 28, 2017

Emmet_H,  thank you for your response.  I use the home theatre on my boat.  While in the marina, I would have access to WIFI although, it isn't the best.  When that service fails, which it's prone to do, or when we are underway and unable to connect to WIFI, it would seem I would be able to use Bluetooth to connect to my iPhone to play music or, the phones Personal Hotspot to connect to the internet to stream Pandora.  I suppose I could also connect to Netflix to stream movies to my home theatre system.  Are those correct assumptions?  Thanks again for your response.  Dave

Emmet_H
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 13, 2016

Hello Photoman,

Yes you can connect via Bluetooth to the SoundTouch Wireless adapter, it does not need a static wifi connection. 

Photoman41
Participant
Registered since

Mar 28, 2017

Thank you again for your help.  I appreciated it very much.

Photoman41
Participant
Registered since

Mar 28, 2017

Emmer, you didn't comment on Netflix.  I am assuming since it wasn't mentioned this adapter is only capable of streaming music and not movies.  Is that a correct statement?

Photoman41
Participant
Registered since

Mar 28, 2017

Emmet, sorry about typo on you name. Have trouble typing at times.

Emmet_H
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 13, 2016

Hi Photoman41,

The SoundTouch Adapter doesn't stream video, just audio. You can listen to audio though the adapter and watch on a smart device. With video on a smartphone or tablet there can be a delay between the audio and video which could be distracting. 

Photoman41
Participant
Registered since

Mar 28, 2017

Thank you. I think I will give it a try.

Photoman41
Participant
Registered since

Mar 28, 2017

Using the Lifestyle System connected to my theatre setup, is it also possible to add multiple Bose Mini Sound Link speakers in various rooms to have music play throughout my boat?