prashant.enr@gmail.com
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 12, 2018

ACOUSTIMASS 300 has no power

Bought a new accoustimass 300, Soundtouch 300 and Virtually wireless surround speaker last weekend. While setting up noticed that the subwoofer is not working. There seem to be no power in the unit. Status LED does not show any light. Not sure if it is a problem with the unit or power cable.
5 REPLIES 5
Tony_A
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Mar 15, 2018

Re: ACOUSTIMASS 300 has no power

Hello prashant.enr@gmail.com

Thanks for joining the community!  Sorry to hear about the bass module problems but would be glad to help!

Just to confirm have you been able to test a different power outlet for the Acoustimass 300?

Can you try and use the power cord from the soundbar or one of the rear wireless receivers to see if that makes the LED on the Acoustimass 300 light up?

Let us know how it goes!

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support 

prashant.enr@gmail.com
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 12, 2018

Yes, I did. I tested it with 3 different power outlets. Also, I tested it with the power cable of the rear surround speaker as well. No Luck!!

Tony_A
Registered since

Mar 15, 2018

Hi prashant.enr@gmail.com

Thanks for running those tests.  It does appear there is an issue with the AM300.  I would recommend returning the system from the original store for an exchange or you can reach out your local support center by clicking HERE. Just select your country and Contact Us at the bottom of the page to display a number for support.

Warm Regards,

Tony A 

prashant.enr@gmail.com
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 12, 2018

Sure. I have done that already now. I am being told that the whole process may take up to 3-4 weeks. My question is that how a faulty system was put in for retail sale? How do I get compensated for the loss of service when the product came out as Faulty one straight out of the box?

Tony_A
Registered since

Mar 15, 2018

Hello prashant.enr@gmail.com

Thanks for replying.  With all electronics, there is a chance that something can potentially fail out of the box.  It is certainly an unfortunate situation and I would recommend reaching out to the location that you purchased the system to discuss this particular issue as the forum is the best channel to discuss this.   

Warm Regards,

Tony A