Susja
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jan 4, 2017

Access Smart TV app with Bose Universal Remote

Hello.

Yesterday I've bought Solo 15 series 2.

I connected it to my top-box Verizon Fios and  LG 55LM6700.

The only issue is that I can't access TV Home screen where all applications are located. This forces me to use LG Remote which is not convenient.

Does anyone has experience or know how to access Smart TV app using Bose Universal Remote?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Access Smart TV app with Bose Universal Remote

Hi Susja,

Thank you for your post. I'm sorry to hear about this problem. Curiously, is the Bose remote controlling all other functions for the TV? Are you able to power the TV on/off, switch sources, access the TV Menu (not specifically the Smart TV app menu)?  It is possible that there may be other internal remote codes that could offer better compatibility with your TV. I would suggest trying to go through and test some more of the Bose remote control's internal codes when testing. Here are the steps. Be sure to pay special attention to step number 8. 

Please let us know if this helps!

Best regards,

Brian - Bose Support

Susja
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jan 4, 2017

Hi Brian,

I have no problem to operate TV. All features functioning correctly and accessible to use except one that I mentioned.

This interface has LG applications like Netflix, Amazon and etc and it forces me to use LG Remote controller.

I believe that someone from Bose Customer Support said me that Universal Remote is not supposed to operate for that type of application ... but I'm just not sure and whanted to asked you as well ...

FYI: I followed all steps you recommended and it has only 1 code for LG TV which I used.

Thanks

Susja
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jan 4, 2017

Well I am not sure but it sounds it could not be done by Universal Remote.