Highlighted
cadillacmike
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 29, 2016

Acoustic Wave 5 CD changer will not play MP3 CDs

I have an Acoustic Wave System II and the Accessory Acoustic Wave system II multi disc changer (the 5 CD changer that sits on the bottom of the AW). These are the latest versions of the AW system (before Bose stopped making them), however I don't know the mfg date. The main unit plays MP3 CDs just fine but the changer will not. It sits there with the display showing CD1 Track 1 time 0:00. Basically it sees a disc but will not play it. The same disc that will play in the main unit will not play in the changer. I only use high quality discs and burn them at the slowest rate possible to eliminate errors.

So, is the changer supposed to be able to play MP3 CDs? If so is there a FW update needed or something or was the 5 disc changer never able to play an MP3 disc? Note I have the later system II changer, not the older CD-2000, CD-3000 changer.

Thanks in advance. Regards, Mike.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Acoustic Wave 5 CD changer will not play MP3 CDs

Thank you for reaching out for clarification Mike. The Acoustic Wave II multi disc changer is not compatible with MP3 discs. 

cadillacmike
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 29, 2016

Re: Acoustic Wave 5 CD changer will not play MP3 CDs

OK, so it never was. I don't know why they even called it by the new name then, because it is essentialy the same as the older CD changer. About the only thing that is different then would be the buttons on the display.