Acoustic Wave System ll sound volume issue, volume goes down on its own

Highlighted
Silent Starter

Acoustic Wave System ll sound volume issue, volume goes down on its own

The volume turns itself down automatically every time I play a cd
5 REPLIES

Re: Acoustic Wave System ll sound volume issue, volume goes down on its own

Hello Moneymike12,

Is the volume display lowering or is the CD source lower at the same volume? Has this changed over time? Can you share your serial number? 

Silent Starter

Mine is doing the same thing. When it's off it's showing the volume at 20. I disconected it for a day and it played one CD (after turning the volume up). When I changed CDs it acted up again. No sound - I'd turn the sound up - and the volume would decrease as I watch the volume number on the screen go down. Repeat - and the same thing happens again. Also - the unit keeps playing the CD (all tracks) even though I can't hear it. Any help would be greatly appreciated!  (serial #xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)

Hi wku812, 

Thank you for the post. I'm sorry to hear that. From what you've posted, you have our Acoustic Wave Music System II. I've edited your serial number and email for privacy. It sounds like you've already tried to unplug the system from power. Can you get the system playing and then place the remote in a drawer or out of sight of the system? If the remote is sending a bad command, this will help. Please let us know if this resolves the issue or not. 

Kind Regards

Brent - Bose Support

Silent Starter

I have the same issue but my volume turns up to maximum.  I pulled out the "volume up" button with a screw driver and that fixed the issue for a while.  I can still control the volume using the remote control.  The volume problem came back after a few minutes which makes me think the connection under the volume button gets stuck.  

Hello Ifixedit,

Thank you for the post.

I would suggest to contact technical support for assistance with this. If you go HERE, select your region, scroll to the bottom of page, choose "Contact Us" and a phone number will be displayed for support.

If you have any other questions, let us know.

Warm Regards,

Joel