daddyo
Participant
Registered since

Jan 23, 2017

Acoustimass® 10 Series V with Atmos ?

Can Acoustimass 10 be modified for Atmos speakers ?   My avr can handle it (Yamaha RX-V581) so all that is needed are two compatible height speakers, in ceiling if possible.   Will this work and which speakers would match nicely ?

7 REPLIES 7
Ryan_M
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 13, 2016

Re: Acoustimass® 10 Series V with Atmos ?

While Bose doesn't make Atmos ceiling speakers, you can certainly use our Acoustimass system in conjuction with third-party ceiling speakers along with this receiver to complete an Atmos setup. 

MARINLAW
Participant
Registered since

Jan 31, 2017

Yes . By adding a Acoutimass 3 or 5 you can connect that to the height channels
mrnelson
Participant
Registered since

Apr 5, 2017

Logically that will function.  However, is there an issue with the original sound in the codec, meant for all channels, be distorted because the Accoustimas Module will decipher sound for the 5 channels leaving the Atmos effect to be only constrained to the two ceiling speakers? This distorts the overall impact of the Atmos sound being distributed to all channels, correct?  Can anyone address???

@daddyo wrote:

Can Acoustimass 10 be modified for Atmos speakers ?   My avr can handle it (Yamaha RX-V581) so all that is needed are two compatible height speakers, in ceiling if possible.   Will this work and which speakers would match nicely ?

Emmet_H
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 13, 2016

Hello mrnelson,

In this set-up the additional pair of speakers will connect directly to the receiver, not through the Acoustimass module so you shouldn't have an issue. 

phooton
Participant
Registered since

Sep 28, 2017

Hi I was hoping to do the same thing. I have the Accoustimass 10 series IV and want to add two in-ceiling speakers that will connect directly to my Atmos capatible reciever. Did it work for you?

Thanks!

amunoztico
Participant
Registered since

Oct 29, 2017

Could you share any update about your solution?

amunoztico
Participant
Registered since

Oct 29, 2017

Could I use a pair of Bose Cube speakers and connect them directly to the AV Receiver?  

I have in mind a pair of Bose Cube Speakers in order to much the design.