Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Corcusdan
Participant
Registered since

Sep 30, 2019

Acoustimass 10 iv

All 5 small speakers work. No sound from subwoofer. Not sure what to do. Unhooked everything and hooked back up, didn't work. Tried every setting on reciever, didnt work. Bought a new power cord, didn't  work. Please help. 

5 REPLIES 5
Jeff_G

Re: Acoustimass 10 iv

Hello Corcusdan, 

Thank you for reaching out. Welcome to the Bose Community! 

I'm sorry to hear you are not getting sound from the subwoofer. Just to confirm, are you connecting up as advised in the product's user guide? The speakers should be connected into the back of the subwoofer, so if they are working then power should not be the issue here. 

The Bass module connects to your AV receiver using an audio input cable (a DB15 connector to 5 pairs of bare wires and 1 male LFE RCA cable.) The RCA cable (in Blue) should connect to the subwoofer output on your AV receiver. 

If this is the only output that is not functioning, but the other speakers are fine, I would recommend reaching out to local support to seek a replacement audio input cable. Local support details can be located here.

For more information:

User Guide

Setup Guide

I hope this helps. If you have any further questions, or if you would like to update me on how you got on please feel free to leave a reply. For anyone else having similar issues, please try the same and feel free to join the discussion!

Kind regards, 

Jeff G -  Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Corcusdan
Participant
Registered since

Sep 30, 2019

Hi, thanks for the response.

"Just to confirm, are you connecting up as advised in the product's user guide?"

Yes, everything is hooked up according to instruction. I've also tried every speaker option with the receiver which was pointless but still had to try it. The sub worked with this receiver in the past without messing with options.

I've decided to purchase a replacement used Bose sub woofer (same model). I found one on eBay for a reasonable price. It should arrive by Thursday and I'll update this post.

Corcusdan
Participant
Registered since

Sep 30, 2019

Bought a new subwoofer on Ebay. Works like a champ!!

Brycepatrick
Advocate
Registered since

Aug 25, 2019

Congrats on the fix and welcome to the forum.  Let us know if we can be of any other help.

Xyz987
Guru
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

You could send your defective subwoofer in to Bose for repair and sell it on eBay to recoup some of your money.  Or, better yet, if your amp has dual subwoofer out's use two subwoofers.