Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 27, 2017

Re: Acoustimass 10 subwoofer cuts out

I’m having this issue as well mine is the 8 series but the same issue. I get a pop then it shuts off re connecting the wires and resetting the system works but Varys on how long it works. Did they ever tell you what the acutual problem was? I’ve gotten some of the cables replaced but nothing seems to work. I’m wondering if I should take it to some one local or send in the subwoofer. The unit is still worth about 300.00 dollars but is also 17 years olds so an expensive repair probably isn’t worth it. I’ve searched the web but haven’t seen somone with a similar issue with my particular unit.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. It still sounds great would love to continue to use it.
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 16, 2017

No, there has not been a solution yet to this problem.
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 10, 2017

I called Bose and they agreed to extend a complimentary repair to me (it was out of warranty a couple months) and have it sent in. It’s at Bose now, so once it’s back and hooked up, I’ll reply here to let you know if their repair made a difference.
Peaviner; My products: Acoustimass 10 Series V, QC25, QC35, SoundSport
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 13, 2017

Not sure what the actual problem was... after one unsuccessful repair they sent me a new one and I haven’t had the issue since.
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 10, 2017

Well... it showed up today. I was hopeful, but after plugging it in, and double checking all of the connections and settings for my receiver, it still doesn't work. The sound did come back when I tipped it on its side, but it wasn't consistent. I'm planning to contact Bose for a replacement. I'll report back.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 10, 2017

Bose agreed to send me a replacement (good on them!). The old one has been sent back, so now we’re just waiting for it to arrive and the new one to be sent out.
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Hi Peaviner, 

Thank you for sharing your experience. Our apologies that this is still ongoing but hopefully the replacement will resolve it. Keep us posted. 

Kind Regards