Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 12, 2017

Acoustimass 15 hard to hear movie conversations

I've used these speakers for years and loved them.  Just installed in a new, very "bright" room with a concrete floor, smooth walls, large windows and a cathedral ceiling.  The room has a natural concert hall reverberation: great for music and movie sound effects however voices get lost in all of the effects.  Acoustimass module is set with LFE and Bass all the way down.  What can I do to further enhance the volume of just the center channel voices?

3 REPLIES 3
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 13, 2016

Re: Acoustimass 15 hard to hear movie conversations

Hello rschill62@gmail.com,

If it an issue of still having too much bass you can put something like a rug or piece of Styrofoam under the bass module to reduce bass response. If it'e the other surround speakers overwhelming the center channel you would look to the setting on your receiver to make adjustments there. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 12, 2017

Good ideas.  Just added a carpet and have been adjusting a Yamaha receiver RX-V795 to optimize voices.  Better however I am at the limits of muting main speakers and bass module.  I would like to more naturally enhance the center channel.  Can I increase the center speaker by replacing with a larger Bose unit?

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 13, 2016

Hello rschill62@gmail.com,

There is no replacement for the center channel speaker. You do want to make sure both drivers are pointed directly to the listening area, not pointed in different directions