Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 24, 2019

Acoustimass PS28 VS PS48

Can anyone please let me know what is the difference between PS28 and between PS48 (all series I, II, III)

Thanks in advance

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Jun 6, 2018

Re: Acoustimass PS28 VS PS48

Hello Sap! Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community.

Great question! The PS28/PS48 bass modules are largely the same and were designated based on the system they were packaged with when they shipped. We only had the original version and then a Series III, skipping Series II. The reasoning for that has been lost to time. The major difference was the Pin connector (8-pin DIN vs 9-pin DIN) and possibly some DSP changes on the later Series III version. If you are as thoroughly confused as most people, myself included, it might be easier to let me know what you are trying to accomplish with this information. For example, if you are trying to match a bass module with a particular system I can point you in the right direction. I would need the Lifestyle product name (i.e. Lifestyle 48 Series III) and I can tell you which bass modules you should be looking at, or vice versa.

Best Regards,

Greg - Community Support

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 24, 2019

Re: Acoustimass PS28 VS PS48

Thanks for trying to help Greg_B,

I have a lifestyle 535 III system, the resason I asked this, as I am thinking of adding more bass module in series and was wordring in PS28 has less power out put ( like number of subwoofer driver in it). not sure how much subwoofer driver each PS28 and PS48 has.