Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 12, 2018

AdaptIQ does not start on Sound touch 300

Hi,

I got my new Soundtouch 300 and tried to configure the AdaptIQ. The headset has been inserted into the AdaptIQ slot properly. As instructed, i pressed the system followed by 8 to wait for the green lights to glow. But this does not happen. There are no welcome or voice instructions what so ever. I have pressed 8 key for 60 seconds. Still it does not do anything. 

What should I try next?

Regards,

KIyer

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 12, 2018

Re: AdaptIQ does not start on Sound touch 300

Author Accepted Answer selected by kiyer_2000

Hi Tony,

Thanks for responding to this thread. I had tried this option before posting the issue here, but that did not help to fix the issue. So this is what I did. The soundtouch app was not recognizing the speaker even after multiple attempts and button presses on the remote. It turned out to be a setting in the router that was stopping the speaker to be identified. This was strange, as all other devices in my home worked absolutely fine with the earlier settings. Once the setting was changed, the app worked.

This gave way for the important step of updating the firmware of the ST300. It took about 10 mins to download and update the firmware. I tried to run the AdaptIQ once again, but it did not recognize the speaker even now. I then reached out to the service center. The engineer visited my home and plugged in the AdaptIQ, and this time it worked at the first attempt using the same steps that I had followed for the past 2 days. I feel the power off of the ST300 overnight after the firmware update (and giving up the attempts) till the engineer arrived had an impact on the issue.

The AdaptIQ worked fine and ST300 has been configured.
This thread can be closed.

Regards,
KIyer

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 12, 2018

Adding to my previous note:

I just now spoke to the Tele Customer Support. They asked me to power on / off the sound bar and try, but the issue persists. They suspect the AdaptIQ headset has a problem, and have been asked to contact the service center. Crazy !!! Has anyone faced this issue. I am now desparate to find a solution for this problem. Did not expect such issues on day 1 from Bose.

Regards,

KIyer

Highlighted
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Mar 15, 2018

Hello kiyer_2000

Thanks for posting in the community!  Sorry you're running into these issues on setup, but would be glad to help!

Can we try factory defaulting the system before we try and re-enable AdaptIQ?

• On the remote, press the SoundTouch button
  • Press and hold the Teletext button (to the right of the CC button) until the Wi-Fi, TV, SoundTouch, and Bluetooth lights on the soundbar flash white
  • When the Wi-Fi LED on the soundbar glows solid amber, open the SoundTouch app on your computer or mobile device and add the system to your network

After doing this, let's try and see AdaptIQ will kick in.

Let us know how it goes!

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support 

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 12, 2018

Author Accepted Answer selected by kiyer_2000

Hi Tony,

Thanks for responding to this thread. I had tried this option before posting the issue here, but that did not help to fix the issue. So this is what I did. The soundtouch app was not recognizing the speaker even after multiple attempts and button presses on the remote. It turned out to be a setting in the router that was stopping the speaker to be identified. This was strange, as all other devices in my home worked absolutely fine with the earlier settings. Once the setting was changed, the app worked.

This gave way for the important step of updating the firmware of the ST300. It took about 10 mins to download and update the firmware. I tried to run the AdaptIQ once again, but it did not recognize the speaker even now. I then reached out to the service center. The engineer visited my home and plugged in the AdaptIQ, and this time it worked at the first attempt using the same steps that I had followed for the past 2 days. I feel the power off of the ST300 overnight after the firmware update (and giving up the attempts) till the engineer arrived had an impact on the issue.

The AdaptIQ worked fine and ST300 has been configured.
This thread can be closed.

Regards,
KIyer

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Mar 15, 2018

Hello Klyer

Thanks for the update!  Glad all is working properly.  If anything comes up, please don't hesitate to reach out to us!

Warm Regards,

Tony A