Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 9, 2019

Adding wireless speakers to older systems

Curious I'm moving and love my older lifestyle 28/35 entertainment system.  Moving to a two story house which would make using my surround sound difficult to re-wire.  Are you able to use wireless speakers with this system?

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Expert
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

Re: Adding wireless speakers to older systems

@Joylynn wrote:

Curious I'm moving and love my older lifestyle 28/35 entertainment system.  Moving to a two story house which would make using my surround sound difficult to re-wire.  Are you able to use wireless speakers with this system?

No, there are no wireless options for this series.

I am curious however, this is a 5.1 home theater system designed to be setup up in the same room as a TV or projector. What were you planning on doing with such a system in a two story house and why the wireless requirements? I only ask as there may be other options.

Highlighted
Expert
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

I think that system had 2 zones for playing CD's in a second location.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 9, 2019

Current one story house, while building we ran the wires for surround sound, recently sold house and moving to a two story house, I wanted to take system with me but everyone tells me it would cost a lot to have wires run where you can't see them, previous were run through ceiling/ walls during building, any suggestions?

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 9, 2019

I want to move current system to a different house but because original set up was in a prewired house I'm told relocating to a two story where it's difficult to run wiring would be expensive, thought if I could add wireless I could get around expense. Didn't want to leave with current house that I just sold.

Highlighted
Expert
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

You might be better off selling your existing system on eBay or Craigslist, then buying a new Bose wireless system.  Take a look at the Lifestyle 650 and the Soundbar 700 plus subwoofer and rear surround speakers.

Highlighted
Expert
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

There are services that can fish wires using cameras and stud finders but that can get expensive and messy.

Probably best to sell your old gear and get a new system with wireless components. That will give you lots of flexibility.
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 9, 2019

Your probably right, thanks

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 9, 2019

Ok thanks