Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArdenT
Participant
Registered since

Jun 6, 2020

Alexa and google assistant connectivity

Hi,

I’m wondering if there is any way to connect soundbar 300 and/or soundtouch series speakers with alexa or google assistant Without using Bluetooth? 

basically I want to ask from Alexa to play music from a specific speaker connected via wireless (wi-fi). 

applies to Alexa, google assistant and Siri. 

I know newer models such as soundbar 700 has this feature. After airplay2 update where we can stream music via Spotify etc wirelessly, it bothers a lot to not be able to include the speakers on home kit and not be able to play music with voice assistant. 

any advise would be highly appreciated. 

thanks in advance. 

arden

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Andy_B
Community Manager

Re: Alexa and google assistant connectivity

Author Accepted Answer selected by ArdenT

Hey ArdenT,

While AirPlay 2-compatible speakers can be added to the iOS Home app, not all functionality will be supported, such as routines or automation. However, Siri control may be supported. 

Have you been through the steps as noted on Apple's support site HERE? Also, have you provided the AirPlay 2 speakers in your home with unique names during the setup process within the SoundTouch app?

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Tegan_M

HI Arden, 

Thanks for reaching out. 

It is possible to add the Alexa Bose Skill to your SoundTouch 300 Soundbar. 

Do ensure that this feature is firstly available in your region. You can check this via this link. 

If you want to add this to your system, please follow this link for instructions. You will also view what is and is not possible to achieve with this feature here.

If you have further questions, do let us know.

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
ArdenT
Participant
Registered since

Jun 6, 2020

Hi Tegan,

Thank you for your reply.

Can you also please advise if the same product can be linked with Apple home kit or Google assistant.

Especially after we get the update for airplay 2, I believe it should be possible to control the speaker via Apple home kit but not able to connect to the app.

Thank you in advance.

Kr

Arden

Keith_L
Community Manager

Hi ArdenT,

There isn't a Google Assistant equivalent to the Alexa skill, so the only way to allow for Google Assitant control of SoundTouch speakers would be with a Bluetooth connection to a device that supports Google Assistant.

Now that some of the SoundTouch speakers have been updated to add Airplay 2 support, you should be able to add these speakers to HomeKit for control via Siri. To add the speakers to HomeKit what you will want to do is:

1. Connect your soundbar to your network using the SoundTouch app. This can be downloaded from the App Store and then follow the instructions on the screen. 
  2. Once the speaker is connected to the SoundTouch app, close the app, and open the Apple Home App. 
  3. To add the speaker choose 'Add an Accessory' and then choose 'Don't Have a Code or Can't Scan.'
  4. You should then see the speaker in nearby accessories. 
  5. Click on the spekaer you would like to add. 

I hope this helps!

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
ArdenT
Participant
Registered since

Jun 6, 2020

Dear Keith,

Thank you for your support.

I tried everything to add my speakers (Soundtouch 300 and soundtouch 20) to Apple Home app however I cannot see my speakers in nearby accessories. I tried connecting the speakers respectively via WIFI and ethernet to my network but the result was the same as no device is being listed in the nearby accessories.

Only one time, I was able to see one of the speakers in nearby accessories but failed to connect.

Do you have any suggestion for me to connect the speakers to Apple Home?

Thanks and regards

Arden

Tegan_M

I am very sorry to hear this persists. 

Do you by any chance have any issues with connecting your speakers to the SoundTouch app or using any WiFi services? I ask just to get an idea around your WiFi network in case there may be any interference.

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
ArdenT
Participant
Registered since

Jun 6, 2020

Hi Tegan,

both my soundtouch 20 and 300 are connected to Bose soundtouch app and working fine without any issues. I’m also able to use WiFi services without problem. 

I can also stream music from service providers via Air play so that also works but I just can’t add my speakers to Apple home app.

Hope you can provide me a solution. 

thanks

arden

ArdenT
Participant
Registered since

Jun 6, 2020

Hi,

Did you have chance to look into the issue that I have and do you have any support for the same?

Thanks

Arden

Andy_B
Community Manager

Author Accepted Answer selected by ArdenT

Hey ArdenT,

While AirPlay 2-compatible speakers can be added to the iOS Home app, not all functionality will be supported, such as routines or automation. However, Siri control may be supported. 

Have you been through the steps as noted on Apple's support site HERE? Also, have you provided the AirPlay 2 speakers in your home with unique names during the setup process within the SoundTouch app?

View solution in original post