Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jurgen
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 17, 2018

All computer sounds through Lifestyle 600

Hi all,

I have a Bose Lifestyle 600 and a Dell XPS 15 9550 laptop.

Is there a way to make all computer sounds go through the Lifestyle system, wireless and without using the Soundtouch app? The Windows startup sound, every mp3 I play, every video I watch, error sounds, ... basically, the whole "shabam".

Or in other words, is it possible to use the Lifestyle as my computer speakers in a wireless manner?

Thanks in advance for your inputs!

Regards,

Jurgen

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jurgen
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 17, 2018

Re: All computer sounds through Lifestyle 600

Author Accepted Answer selected by Jurgen

Hi Squadie,

Thanks for your answer!

My original post ... well, bit stupid if I look back at it. I thought it was not possible to connect my laptop via bluetooth, because I always got an error message.

After spending countless hours searching the WWW - and after posting the post above - I found that the error was related to a driver (WIDCOMM).

I uninstalled this WIDCOMM thingy and now everything connects perfectly via Bluetooth.

So, in short: if you have a Dell XPS and are experiencing Bluetooth issues when connecting to a Bose sound system, look for WIDCOMM in your installed software and uninstall it. That did the trick for me.

Greets,
Jurgen 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Squadie
Mentor
Registered since

Apr 4, 2017

Hi Jurgen
Bluetooth maybe your solution here, when I have my phone connected by BT to listen to music downloaded onto the device, I also have notification sounds play through the lifestyle speakers, just select bluetooth on your lifestyle source and pair up your laptop, if its capable of BT.
Another solution would be either hdmi connected to the lifestyle as a new source from your laptop or 3.5mm cable going from your laptop to the headphone socket on the front of the console.
Hope this helps
Squadie
Jurgen
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 17, 2018

Author Accepted Answer selected by Jurgen

Hi Squadie,

Thanks for your answer!

My original post ... well, bit stupid if I look back at it. I thought it was not possible to connect my laptop via bluetooth, because I always got an error message.

After spending countless hours searching the WWW - and after posting the post above - I found that the error was related to a driver (WIDCOMM).

I uninstalled this WIDCOMM thingy and now everything connects perfectly via Bluetooth.

So, in short: if you have a Dell XPS and are experiencing Bluetooth issues when connecting to a Bose sound system, look for WIDCOMM in your installed software and uninstall it. That did the trick for me.

Greets,
Jurgen 

View solution in original post

Joel_D
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi Jurgen,

Thank you for the posts.

I appreciate you sharing what ended up resolving this for you as I'm sure this will be beneficial to other community members. 

Have a good day!

Warm Regards,

Joel - Community Support