Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Jun 25, 2017

Re: Apple TV 4K connection to Bose Lifestyle 600

Update

This morning I got my old Apple TV out and hooked it up. Fired up the system and bingo perfect picture. Shut the system off and restarted and the same thing happened a distorted picture again. So tell me why the Roku works and the Apple TV doesn't. Good thing I have some paitenance but it's starting to wear out. LOL Thanks for your support and we'll keep trying till we get it right. I know BOSE!

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Jun 25, 2017

Boy! Are we having fun yet? So this morning I fire up my Roku connected to my Bose Lifesytle 600 console and now it's pixelated. Blows my mind guys!

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Jun 25, 2017

Since no one is responding do you want me to call Bose again. Now I’m starting to loose patience.
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Jun 25, 2017

Hey, has everyone given up on trying to help me? I can replace this with a Sonos real quick.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi captgadget,

My apologies for the delay.  Somehow your messages were bumping the thread away from my view.  

Is the Roku still pixelated when going through the LS600 console?  As well, you're still having issues with the Apple TV? 

As well, I'll be sending you a private message shortly.

Best,

Brandon

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Jun 25, 2017

I finally called tech support and I'm sending it in for repair. I did forget to tell everyone that a while back I got the big red light on the console. I turned it off and turned it back on and it seemed to work but maybe that's my problem. Oh well, that's the way it is. I'm not a happy camper right now. And when you send my private messages I can't do anything with them so they are total waste of time.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi again captgadget,

Thank you for the reply.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

Brandon

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Jun 25, 2017

Your are so welcome. Sorry we couldn’t get it going.I’ve had so much trouble with this machine I hope it works this time. I took it to the UPS store to ship it off and the clerk said he had been looking at these on the Internet. I said don’t buy one this is the third unit and it’s going in for repair now. He said good to know. I have now lost all confidence in Bose.
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Jun 25, 2017

Well, after nearly 3 weeks without my console I finally received it. Hooked everything up and the same exact problem. So I call Bose. The tech read through the notes and told me they couldn't duplicate the problem so they just returned it with a new power supply and remote. This was last week.

So yesterday I removed the cable box from HDMI 1 and added the Apple TV. Apple TV worked perfect. Turned it off and on at least 6 times and it worked every time. So then I added the cable box to HDMI 2. Turned it on and it's a discolored picture with no sound. Removed it from HDMI 2 using Unify the same thing. Repeated the process through HDMI 5 same results everytime. So today they ask me to send in the console and they'd expidite the process and would have it back in two weeks. I said no, what assurances would have that it wouldn't come back the same as the last time. So she talks to someone again and they want me to send in my old unit and they would send my a new one. I said I don't have boxes for that. The last time they did that they sent me the new unit and I returned the old in the boxes they sent out. I told them this the last Bose anything I'd buy and they could stick where the sun don't shine. I can make this work with my TV and my Harmony remote but what a joke. $3000 piece of S***t.