Gman562
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 28, 2018

Audo from Cable input from my Bose 520 Soundtouch Home theater system to Bose SA5. Is it possible?

I have a Bose 520 Soundtouch home theater system and and a Bose SA-5 with 2 outdoor speakers hooked up to it.  I would like audio that plays on my tv via cable input to be heard on my home theater system and on my two outdoor speakers that are connected to the Bose SA-5.  How is this possible?    

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Audo from Cable input from my Bose 520 Soundtouch Home theater system to Bose SA5. Is it poss...

Hi Gman562, 

Thank you for the post. Unfortunately due to architectural constraints, the SoundTouch adapter for the 520 cannot rebroadcast a source connected with a physical cable. We have an article HERE mentioning this. That being said, you could use our SoundTouch Wireless Link adapter and connect it to an analog output of your cable box to accomplish this. Depending on your cable box, you may be able to run this in tandem with a digital connection to your 520 console. If not, then you'll need to connect the STWL to the console of the 520 so audio can be heard through the system. Please let us know if you have any other questions. 

Kind Regards

Brent - Bose Support