Participant
Registered since

Dec 14, 2016

Aux Speaker for Wave Radio/CD

I have an older Bose Wave Radio/CD model AWRC-1G that has always worked great.  I want to add a speaker for an adjacent room.  It appears as if they will have to be hard wired, as I don't see any way to do it blue tooth or wireless.  If that's the case, please tell me what kind of speaker(s) would be best.  Is there a left/right?  I see 2 outlet jacks but don't know if that means left/right or not.  Does Bose make some kind of kit for this?  THANKS. Brett

3 REPLIES 3
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 13, 2016

Re: Aux Speaker for Wave Radio/CD

Thank you for your inquiry. You can connect any self-powered speaker system or pair of speakers to the LINE OUT jacks on the back of the Wave. This will send the audio source to the second set of speakers. The output of the LINE OUT jacks is fixed, which means you'd control the volume independently from the second set of speakers. 

Participant
Registered since

Dec 14, 2016

Thanks for the response, Ryan.  I apologize for the ignorance, but let me ask for a little clarification.  What does "self powered" mean?  That they require a power source independent of the radio?  When you say "set" does that mean I need two, and that they are left/right? Thanks

Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 13, 2016

You are correct. Self-powered speakers would be any product that connects to wall power directly. Many of our products fit this description and would work in this scenario including:

Home Theater Systems

Another Wave System

SoundLink Bluetooth speakers

SoundTouch Wireless speakers

Companion computer speakers