Aux cord for iphone

Silent Starter

Aux cord for iphone

I have a new Wave Music System IV and because it doesn't bluetooth, if I want to play music through my iPhone (5S) I have to connect it with an aux cord. I have a 3.5mm male to male aux cord but I get no sound when I connect the Bose and the iPhone. Do I need a 3.5mm to lightning cord for this to work?

I know this is a basic question so apologies and thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Aux cord for iphone

Hello CW01! Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community.

Basic questions are ok! We are happy to help. You can connect your 5S to the Wave Music System IV with the 3.5 mm audio cable. Connect the cable to the headphone jack on your iPhone and the other end to the Aux in on the back of the Wave. The headphone output and the Aux input on the back are located next to each and can be easily mistaken as they are both 3.5 mm connections. You'll want to be sure that you use the one marked "Aux in". Then select "Aux" as the input source on y our Wave and you should be listening to music in no time!

Let us know if you have any other questions!

Best Regards,

Greg - Community Support

Quiet Contributor

Hi Greg, I think you're the man I need to speak with. I have an older Bose Wave System Model # AWRC1P and I was looking to connect my Samsung Galaxy S8 Android so I could listen to my downloads. I have an AUX cable that I use in my 2006 Lexus that goes from the Android headphone jack to Aux outlet in my car. Then pressing the AUX button in my vehicle allows me to enjoy in my vehicle. I thought the same could be done with my Bose Wave System, plugging in to the appropriate AUX outlet in the back of my Bose. But pressing the AUX button on my Bose, there's nothing. Any suggestions?? Thank you
Highlighted

Hello Damer616,

The Wave Radio CD that you have has a somewhat different connection than the 3.5mm that you likely have in the Lexus. The AUX input on the Wave CD is an RCA (red & white) connection that carries left and right audio on 2 connections. The 3.5mm connection carries both on one connection. You can use the existing cable with a 3.5 to RCA adapter (sometimes called a 1/8" to RCA adapter) or you can get another AUX cord that has the 3.5mm on one side and the RCA on the other. This is commonly called a Y or YAD cable. We hope this helps, thanks for posting and have a great day. 

Best Regards, Emmet -Community Support