ldeserly
Participant
Registered since

Dec 14, 2016

Aux option for older Acoustic Wave System

Hello,

My mom purchased an Aucoustic Wave system in 1999. It still works/sounds great. We are wondering if there is an option to be able to play music from my iphone?

2 REPLIES 2
Ryan_M
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 13, 2016

Re: Aux option for older Acoustic Wave System

Thank you for asking. There are two different ways for enjoying music from your iPhone through the Acoustic Wave Music System. 

1. You can use a Y cable to connect the headphone jack of the phone to the Aux In connections on the system. It’s a very common type of audio cable. You can get that type of cable locally at any electronics

2. We have an adapter that could be used for a wireless connection. Here is the link to check it out:

http://bose.life/2daJkmA

rickatk
Expert
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

Re: Aux option for older Acoustic Wave System

>We are wondering if there is an option to be able to play music from my iphone?

Certainly the new Bose Soundtouch Wireless Adapter will add Soundtouch app, BlueTooth and WiFi functionality to your mom's Acoustic Wave System.

As you want to use an iPhone, may I suggest an Apple Airport Express plugged into the aux port of the Acoustic Wave system. An Airport Express will give you Airplay access to Apple Music and quite a few other streaming services that the Soundtouch won't at this time. The DAC in the Airport Express is also very good.