Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 18, 2018

BOSE 321 SERIES II AM\FM VOLUME ISSUES

After hooking this system up 4 or 5 times to make sure that I had done it correctly I'm still have the same problem...When I try listening to the Radio the volume from both satellites and subwoofer drastically drops...I can still hear it but just barely. I can turn the volume all the way up to 100 ( not good) I can hear both satellites barely but not really anything from the subwoofer....All the other inputs like the TV, Video or Aux I have have hooked up by RCA or Optical there are no problems at all with volume coming from all the speakers....Just when swithing to the radio....HELP.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 13, 2016

Re: BOSE 321 SERIES II AM\FM VOLUME ISSUES

Hello GFORCE,

Sorry to hear about this issue. Have you checked the channel spacing? Channel spacing, the station frequency numbers that appear on the display, are odd (95.1, 95.3, 95.5, etc.) for the US, and even (95.2, 95.4, etc.) for some other countries. The spacing may be set for the wrong location. If the radio channel spacing is not set properly please follow these steps:

Make sure the TV is on with the correct input selected

While the system is on, press the System button on the remote. 

Press the right arrow to scroll to "Media Center"

Press the down arrow to scroll to "Tuner Spacing." The display indicates channel spacing that is selected

Press the right arrow then the up or down arrow to change the setting. Choose the channel spacing appropriate for your location

Press the "Exit" button on the remote to close the menu

Turn the system off to ensure the changes take effect

Channel spacing for North America is 10 kHz for AM and 200 kHz for FM

Channel spacing for Europe is 9 kHz for AM and 50 kHz for FM

We hope this helps, thanks for posting and have a great day. 

Best Regards,

- Emmet