Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paulmywong
Participant
Registered since

Dec 16, 2020

BOSE 650 sound drop problem

Before creating a new topic, please search the Community to avoid creating duplicate threads. If you are posting about a problem, the more of the below details you can include (if applicable) the easier it will be for others to try and help. Go to https://bose.life/2K1GbJl for a helpful post on how to find relevant information, including your firmware and app version information!

Bose product name

Country

Firmware Version

(1.0.7, 4.8.1, 1.7.0, etc.)

App Version

(4.1.1, 13.0.2, etc.)

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on

(Samsung Galaxy S9 on Android 11, iPhone X on iOS14, etc.)

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

What environment do you experience the issue in?

(noisy office, quiet kitchen, etc.)

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

Any troubleshooting steps you took

2 REPLIES 2
paulmywong
Participant
Registered since

Dec 16, 2020

Re: BOSE 650 sound drop problem

When replying to a topic, make sure your reply is relevant and keeps the conversation productive. Please be respectful of other community member's opinions. If you are experiencing the issue reported in a thread, the more details you can include the easier it will be for others to try and help

When replying to a topic, make sure your reply is relevant and keeps the conversation productive. Please be respectful of other community member's opinions. If you are experiencing the issue reported in a thread, the more details you can include the easier it will be for others to try and help.

i bought this Bose 650 beginning of the year, it works ok till after 3 months, after software update, 

then i had problem on sound drop when i read my movie file, i use harddisc player to read all movie and HDMI in to bose 650 system, and HDMI out to TV,  once i play my movie file suddenly it happens sound drop and then the light turn red,  i unplug it and need to do hard factory reset which the CS told me to do so,, after hard reset, maybe it works only few movies, then the same problem comes again, when the same problem once happen, all tV or apple TV or normal DVD player to play DVD, it also appear sound drop, sound drop means sometimes some speakers is no voice or delay to have voice for few seconds, it is very very frustrated to have this system, i am a big fans of Bose, i didnt expect this happen,, i live in Hong Kong, seems hongkong Bose customer service couldnt help me and have solution i wish someone can help here or USA bose company can help 

Keith_L
Community Manager

Re: BOSE 650 sound drop problem

Hi paulmywong,

Welcome to the Community, thanks for joining us!

If the control console is giving you a red light, then this does tell us the system is encountering an error when the sound drops. If a hard reset helps, but you are having to do the reset constantly, then this would let us know that there is something more serious happening with the console.

As you mentioned that the red lights seemed to start after a software update, I would definitely recommend checking to see if there is another update available for the Lifestyle. You can check for updates by following the steps shown HERE.

Should you still experience the sound dropping out after doing this, then you would need to book your Lifestyle in for a service with your local support team in Hong Kong. They will be able to organize this with you!

I hope this helps!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!