Participant
Registered since

Aug 24, 2015

Bass Dropping - Cinemate 120 On PS4 Only

Hi all.
I have as cinemate 120 and an original 500gb ps4.
I'm finding the sound drops the bass as often as every few seconds. It's currently wired through the control box with HDMI in then HDMI out.
I've also tried using an optic cable and hdmi direct to the tv and it's still the same.
I also have a sky HD box with HDMI pass through but that's absolutely fine.

Is it a problem with the wireless accustimass, the settings on either the the console or control unit, or is there a hardware problem with either one?
It's killing my enjoyment on the ps4!

Any ideas I haven't tried?
3 REPLIES 3
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: Bass Dropping - Cinemate 120 On PS4 Only

Hi matt,

Thanks for the post, and I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties you're having with your Cinemate system.

Just to confirm - only the bass is dropping, and only when playing PS4?

Is your PS4 connected to the internet using Wi-Fi or Ethernet?  The wireless acoustimass module uses similar frequencies to your home router in order to communicate with the Cinemate console, so the Playstation may be interfering with those signals.  Moving the PS4 or using ethernet for internet may help.

Let me know so we can get this resolved for you.

Best Regards,

Brandon - Community Support

Participant
Registered since

Aug 24, 2015

Hi Brandon, thanks for the response.

Have to admit, I'm usually hot on conflicting wireless signals but hadn't thought of that one.
Sadly, I've just tried turning the Wi-Fi off, first in the playstation settings, then on the router itself with no success.

It's definitely just the bass dropping out. The sound suddenly goes quite tinny, but it's still coming from the main centre speaker (moved it away from tv to make sure it wasn't flicking back to the tv speakers)

Is there a wire for the accustimass module I can try?
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Mar 15, 2018

Hi matt_cinemate,

Thanks for the update.  The Cinemate 120 would use an SMB cable to connect the wireless bass module to the console.  I would recommend contacting your local support center to see if they can send you one to see if it helps resolve the bass drop outs.  Just click HERE and select your country and Contact Us at the bottom of the page.  

Also, has this been the case with the PS4 since owning system, or did this issue start up recently?  Was there any new wireless devices introduced to the ecosystem?

Let us know so we can further assist!

Warm Regards,

Tony A