Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rthomas
Participant
Registered since

Jul 23, 2019

Bass level

Hi all, is it normal to have such a significant change in sound when switching from movies to liesteng to music,? there seems to be a drop in bass as well as volume and clarity?

9 REPLIES 9
Charlotte_G

Re: Bass level

Hello Rthomas, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community. 

The source can absolutely have an effect on the levels. 

Which product do you have? And which devices are you using with it? Such as cable box, mobile device etc.

I look forward to hearing back from you. 

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
JeffChang
Participant
Registered since

Jul 23, 2019

Hello,

I also have the SB700 with the bass module. Less than a week old.

The volume between 2 different sources like Spotify played from my phone or Netflix played from my tv is huge. This is the same for bass volume. 

With music from Spotify it sounds much more clear aswell. 

The bar is connected to the hdmi arc output on my tv. 

Is there a way to get this right? 

Kind regards,

Jeff

Tegan_M

Hello Jeff,

Thank you for getting in touch with us regarding your Sound Bar 700. I am very sorry to hear that you are experiencing a difference in audio between the different channels. 

Does this occur when you use different services with your Sound Bar 700? For example have you tested audio via Youtube, cable TV , Streaming radio via the Bose Music App?

I would also recommend testing this with connecting another Bluetooth Enabled device also to see if you get the same results. 

Please let us know how you get on. 

Tegan M - Community Support 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Rthomas
Participant
Registered since

Jul 23, 2019

Thanks for the reply, I’m using a sky Q box, PS4, also use amazon music, all of which seem to be set at completely different levels??

Tegan_M

Hello Rthomas,

Thank you very much for confirming this. 

Some applications can allow you to adjust the audio settings, I would recommend that you take a look into these applications and adjusting the audio settings to suit your needs. 

Can you also inform us with what Sound Bar you have so we can provide you with the most accurate information?

We look forward to hearing from you,

Tegan M 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Rthomas
Participant
Registered since

Jul 23, 2019

Hi, thanks for the reply, I have the SB700 along with the 700 bass box and wireless rear speakers 👍🏻

JeffChang
Participant
Registered since

Jul 23, 2019

Hello Tegan,

Thank you for the reply.

I do not have any tv-box connected to my tv so I won't be able to test that.

Seems like the audio from the Spotify/Tune-in radio via the Bose Music App is around the same volume level but when watching Netflix/Amazon Prime Video and/or other build in tv-apps the volume seems to be lower.

Even switching from Spotify played via my iPhone straight to the SB700 or playing Spotify from my iPhone to my tv to the SB700 is a huge difference in volume level.

I do not use the Soundbar with bluetooth, when I use Spotify I select the Soundbar as the output, when using Tune-in radio I do use the Bose Music App. 

Kind regards, Jeff

JeffChang
Participant
Registered since

Jul 23, 2019

Hello Tegan,

Thank you for the reply.

I do not have any tv-box connected to my tv so I won't be able to test that.

Seems like the audio from the Spotify/Tune-in radio via the Bose Music App is around the same volume level but when watching Netflix/Amazon Prime Video and/or other build in tv-apps the volume seems to be lower.

Even switching from Spotify played via my iPhone straight to the SB700 or playing Spotify from my iPhone to my tv to the SB700 is a huge difference in volume level.

I do not use the Soundbar with bluetooth, when I use Spotify I select the Soundbar as the output, when using Tune-in radio I do use the Bose Music App. 

Kind regards, Jeff

Charlotte_G

Hello @Rthomas

Thank you for confirming this. Have you had a chance to see if there are any audio output settings for these separate applications/devices? 

Hi @JeffChange, 

I do believe this is down to the application/device also. For example, with the IOS Spotify app, you have the choice to adjust some of these settings. Within the equalizer, you can choose options such as 'Acoustic' or 'Bass Booster'. Additionally, you can set the volume level to Loud, Normal or Quiet. 

Once you have both had the chance to play around with these audio settings, get back to me and let me know if there has been an improvement. 

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!