What can I do? Have charged overnight and will not work next morning on battery
5 REPLIES 5
Michael_F
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Sep 25, 2014

Re: Battery on docking system is not holding a charge

Hello Anne,

Curiously which version of the docking system do you have? If you are able to retrieve the serial number from the bottom of the system and post it to this thread, we can identify the product and provide accurate troubleshooting steps.

Let us know what the model number or serial number is on the system and we can take it from there! Thanks!

Anne pedicini
Participant
Registered since

Sep 17, 2017

Hi. Still have not heard from anyone about this battery situation.  Do I need to spend another $100 for a battery?   The SN is 043085901671938AE.  Thanks for ur advice

Michael_F
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Sep 25, 2014

Hello Anne,

From the serial number you have provided, that certainly appears to be a SoundDock Portable. 

Curiously are you using the power supply that was originally provided with the system? Does the system power on while only plugged into AC power? If the system does not power on while only using the power supply, can you try to plug the system into a different power outlet?

Have you tried to remove the battery from the system, unplug the AC power cord, let the system sit for two minutes, then try the system once more after putting the battery back in?

Let us know the answers to those questions, and we can certainly take it from there if needed! Thanks!

cerap14
Participant
Registered since

Oct 30, 2017

Hola, me sucede lo mismo, mi sound link mini II , lo deje cargando y al dia siguiente la bateria estaba en rojo y parpadeando.-

He apretado el boton del centro por mas de 10 segundos para reiniciarlo, pero el problema persiste.-

Mi equipo solo tiene 1 año y medio y no puede estar fallando, he oido de varios problemas similares, con el mismo sound mini link II, es un problema de fabrica??

favor necesito una solucion.-

Gracias 

Mi SN 068615951020406A1

Michael_F
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Sep 25, 2014

Hi cerap14,

This forum would be for English. If you would like assistance in Spanish I would recommend contacting your local support center. If you go to our global page HERE, you can select your country, then scroll down to the bottom of the page and click "Contact Us". This should provide you with the phone number, email, and chat services for your country.

Thank you,

-Michael