Surround1
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 12, 2018

Bose 650 - Samsung TV & Apple TV 4K switching problem!

I have a new 650 with a Samsung UN46D7000 & Apple TV 4K. Once you switch to the TV to over the Air source the 650 will not switch to the Apple TV. It just stays locked on the TV source. But it will switch to other (HDMI) sources. For example Samsung Bluray player. Tech support had me do a hard reset. Nothing resolved the issue. This just started today. Now I need to call back again since the tech put me on hold.

3 REPLIES 3
JB1970
Advocate
Registered since

Oct 4, 2017

Re: Bose 650 - Samsung TV & Apple TV 4K switching problem!

I have an Apple TV 4K, Samsung 4k TV & the 650.  It all works well when switching between sources.

This may be a daft question but have you set up the video output correctly on the Apple TV?  Is the UN46D7000 a 4K TV?  If during setup the Apple TV has detected the 650 (through which it passes) as a 4K device, the ATV 4K may have set it's own output as 4K which the Bose will pass straight to the TV, which maybe doesn't support that resolution.

Temporarily connect the Apple TV direct to your Samsung and set the video to the maximum resolution that your TV will support IE 1080P.  If all is well reconnect it through the Bose.

Surround1
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 12, 2018

I just checked the Apple settings. Set correctly to 1080P. I discovered the Apple remote will switch the System from TV to Apple TV. But not the Bose remote. All other functions work for Apple TV with the Bose remote. I suspect a glitch with the codes for the Bose remote.

Surround1
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 12, 2018

Well spent another 2 evenings on the phone with Bose tech support and was told the dropout of ARC issues are being addressed by Samsung. I was told you have to call Samsung and they will connect to your TV. Did that Samsung was helpful but responded. “We know nothing of a fix for the issue with Bose.” Called Bose again last night. They got ahold of Samsung transfered me to the tech support guy. He found there were no other firmware updates available for my TV. Note: the firmware fixes are only for certain models. Occording to Samsung TV’s 2018 and newer should not have this issue. I found out on my own that the Apple 4K TV was causing the issue. All settings were correct but issue persisted. Loss of ARC and switching issues. Connected my Apple TV 3.

No more issues so far!