Bose 650 - input/output setup

SOLVED
Highlighted
Audible Advocate

Bose 650 - input/output setup

Hi, I have a Lifestyle 650 just purchased, and I haven’t set it up yet but have a few questions. I’m finishing the basement and want to make sure I have all the necessary cables routed to the correct spots/needs.

The video output is to a projector screen (HDMI from Bose Reveiver to projector?), and the inputs will be multiple (PS4, Amazon Fire Stick, WiiU, cable). Do those just each connect via HDMI to one of the 5 inputs on the back of the receiver? Is there anything else I missed?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Author Accepted Answer selected by dangelp

Accepted Solutions
Wistful Whiz

Re: Bose 650 - input/output setup

The rear surrounds and Acoustimass module are wireless.  The front left, right, and center speakers are wired to the console with the supplied cables.  Each of the 3 wireless speakers with need a power outlet, as will the console.

You'll need one long HDMI cable from the console back to your projector.  Each of your other devices will need HDMI to the console.

3 REPLIES 3
Wistful Whiz

The rear surrounds and Acoustimass module are wireless.  The front left, right, and center speakers are wired to the console with the supplied cables.  Each of the 3 wireless speakers with need a power outlet, as will the console.

You'll need one long HDMI cable from the console back to your projector.  Each of your other devices will need HDMI to the console.

Audible Advocate

Thanks very much! This helps me plan my cable needs and locations.
Wistful Whiz

Personally, if I was finishing my basement, I would run wiring for front right and left, surround right and left, rear surround right and left, Atmos front right and left, and Atmos rear right and left, as well as two subs.  You never know what kind of system you might want in the future.