Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 11, 2018

Bose 650 - just want to listen to soundtouch or my sonos without it turning on my television,

Because of hdr i have apple tv 4k and nvidia shield plugged directly into tv as through amp as  hdr never seems to work correctly. So for sound to go through hdmi back to bose 650 amp cec setting must be on. I have a sonos plugged into coaxial port. When i listen to music via soundtouch tv turns on, if i turn tv off music switches off, so i bought a sonos connect, so now when i want to play music i select setting to listen to music on coaxial and tv turns on, if i switch tv off it switches amp off, sometimes i can get lucky amd amp stays on. Does anyone know if their is a setting to resolve or if not bose please add a setting. I cannot be the only one who wishes to listen to music without tv on. 

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Mar 15, 2018

Re: Bose 650 - just want to listen to soundtouch or my sonos without it turning on my television,

Hi Anothertoy,

Thanks for posting in the Community!  

In this particular setup, you would have to disable CEC on the console for it to stop the auto shut off due to the CEC commands from the TV.  You can definitely run an optical cable instead from the TV output to the console as well.

The most recent update did help correct some 4K issues, and I'd recommend trying to connect your source devices back to the console again to see if this has helped with that.

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support 

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 11, 2018

Re: Bose 650 - just want to listen to soundtouch or my sonos without it turning on my television,

Tony,

Thank you for your feedback, 

i did think about going optical route but I have xbox one , nvidia shield, sky q and playstation 4 so a bit messy to do & i think i would be compromising on sound quality.

hopefully bose do an update to give you options to not turn on tv when i use soundtouch