Amber Meng
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 17, 2018

Bose 650 lifestyle no voice when switch off and on by remote controller

Hi,

Just bought a set of 650 system.

There is an issue:

During the normal running, if switch off the system by remote controller , and then switch on, the voice lost. after muti-times reproduce and debugging, I found a rule: if issue happen, then just press "setup" key, wait the menu pop up and press "exit" , the programe voice  recovered. this way can allways recover it. also the issue allways can be reproduced. I upload the issue video file to youtube, copy link below. please take a look and give the comments. For me, I think that maybe this is system software bug.

Video link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHMnhxuQ8nk&feature=em-share_video_user

Thanks,

Amber

7 REPLIES 7
Community Manager

Re: Bose 650 lifestyle no voice when switch off and on by remote controller

Hi Amber Meng,

Thanks for posting on the Community!  This is certainly a strange issue, but would be happy to help!

It sounds like for some reason the center speaker is not activating on boot up until accessing the menu.  Have you been able to reboot the console by disconnecting power for 1 minute?

Also, let's just double check the speaker wire connections on the center channel and the ports on the console.  

For some reason, the link to the video shows that is unavailable.  

Let us know how it goes!

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support 

Amber Meng
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 17, 2018

Hi Tony_A,

Thanks you help this!

Today I tried disconnect the AC power line more than 1min when issue happen, and then plug in, press the "power on" key. issue still here, have to press the "setup" and then voice recover.

Checked the all connections of the rear side of console box, to center speaker, front left and right speaker, and to the bass module, all are right, and tighten, actually i cannot make wrong connection since the connecter design, never can plug in a cabe to wrong connector. Also I checked the HDMI connection, make sure it connect well. I think this issue not a connection issue, since I always can recover it by press the "setup" key. My understanding: may "setup" trigger a logical reset function for the internal software, then everything come to normal.

When I power up at the 1st time, console box auto upgrade the software to latest version, so original software from manufactory never running. I suspect that the latest software has a bug. could you run the latest version on a 650 system to confirm this?

Current my console box software version information:

• ASOC: NP ASOC-1.11.1.da47415e master 2018-10-09T16:06:05
  • ASOC App:1.12.6-8-g0045813
  • Blob:1.12.1.3075391
  • DSP:1.9.10.12269
  • F0:1.6.0.10725
  • F0 Bootloader:1.0.2.8272
  • LPM:1.12.1.12345:2018-10-17T13:49:50(Release)
  • LPM Bootloader:1.0.0.7617
  • LPM LLW:25
  • RF Remote:1.9.1.11483
  • Remote Font:0.0.1.1
  • Remote Graphic:0.0.0.7
  • Remote Widget:0.0.7.5 ST:20.0.6.44144.3075410
  • Sii9777 PRIMARY: 1.00.21.01
  • Sii9777 PRIMARY: 1.00.21.02

Thanks,

Amber Meng

Community Manager

Hi Amber,

Thanks for the great update!  We were not able to replicate this issue in our demo room here on the latest firmware versions.  I would recommend contacting your local support team for service on the console.  Just click HERE and select your country and Contact Us at the bottom of the page. 

Warm Regards,

Tony A 

Amber Meng
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 17, 2018

Hi Tony_A,

Thanks, when you replicate this issue on your DEMO room, is the firmware is exactly same with my system?

I just want to double confirm it, because this issue mostly likely software issue.

Anyway, I will contact local support.

Thanks,

Amber

Hello Amber,

Thank you for the question.

Yes, this is the same exact firmware you currently have on your console.

Let us know how everything works out.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Community Support

hellomrvan
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 18, 2017

Hi Amber,
I'm facing the same annoying problem after update to the latest firmware.
video is fine but no audio. If I change to other devices and back, the audio comes back.Another way is pressing setup and back.
It must be a software problem, hoping for next update to solve it.

Kevin
Amber Meng
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 17, 2018

Hi Kevin,

Thank you let me know. Yes, I believe this is the latest (version 20) firmware issue.

More information for this:

I tested HDMI (front) and HDMI1 port, no such issue; Issue only happen on the HDMI2,3,4,5 port; when issue happen on such ports, switch the HDMI channel and switch back during HDMI2,3,4,5, no helping. only switch to HDMI1/HDMI(front)/SoundTouch/Bluetooth and switch back, audio can be coverved. Yes, pressing setup and exit allways can recover audio.

Also met same issue at a Bose store when I tried it.

Copy my test result below. hope Bose SW design team can get this information, and fix it at the next version.

LS650-ISSUE.png

Thanks,

Amber