Bose 650 remote connection problem

Quiet Contributor

Bose 650 remote connection problem

Tried to resync remote following the steps here.

I even shutdown unit, unplugged for 30 secs but still unable to pair.

When I press and hold power for 10 sec on console, I am not able to tell if console is in pairing mode.

Bose 650 remote continue to show spinning circle, even black display if unit is left to standby for a day.

Reset console to factory default, remote was unable to connect for a moment, but during setup, it suddenly lost connection and not able to respond.

Batteries are also a fresh set.

How can I fix this?

1) How to tell if console is in pairing mode?

2) When I press dimmer and ok button, spinning circle freezes and does not go away.

6 REPLIES 6
Quiet Contributor

Re: Bose 650 remote connection problem

Tried to pair by pressing ok+dimmer button+console power button and all other solutions mentioned but still not able to pair.

discharge remote by removing batteries for a min but doesn’t work as well.

could do with some help here.

Hi, jingwei79.

I'm sorry to hear that you're having so much trouble reconnecting your remote. To answer your questions:

1. There is no visible indicator that the console is in pairing mode. The best way to be sure is to count eleven seconds using a clock.
  2. The freezing circle is normal behaviour. In the past, I have had to try several attempts before successfully pairing the remote. It seems that turning the console off and on again can help, and so can holding the glow and OK buttons down for around five seconds.

Am I right in saying that it briefly worked after factory resetting the console?

It sounds as though you've tried all of the troubleshooting that we'd recommend, except for updating the console.

However, updating may be tricky because you'll need the remote to carry out the update. Are you able to try factory resetting the console again please, to see if the remote stays paired long enough to connect the Lifestyle system to the internet? If it does, then you'll be able to update from within the SoundTouch app. Alternatively, you could prepare a USB stick to update from before resetting the console. Then try and install the update while the remote is connected. For a full guide on updating,  please see our guide to updating the Lifestyle 650 console.

Best regards,

Patrick A - Community Support

Quiet Contributor

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for your response. I have counted using a stop watch on my phone for more than 10 sec.

It briefly worked after resetting the console.

I have also tried turning the console on and off for several times but none have yield positive results in pairing.

I can't connect via the Soundtouch app since the setup did not complete successfully.

The console was already on the latest firmware prior to this issue.

Highlighted

Hi again, jingwei79.

I think the best course of action now is to call technical support by telephone.  To find the appropriate number, please select your country from this list and click "Contact Us" from the menu at the bottom of the subsequent page.

The fact that it works for a short amount of time after resetting the console is strange. Did it do this with the old batteries as well as the new set?

Best regards,

Patrick A

Quiet Contributor

Support replaced the cables and everything is good now.

Excellent! Cables wouldn't have crossed my mind; it sounds like the agent knew their stuff.

Thank you so much for letting us know. 

Kindest regards,

Patrick A