Xyz987
Noisy Narrator
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Re: Bose 700 + Bose 161 w/ AV receiver

Bottom line, I would use a Bose Acoustimass 10 speaker system with a third party receiver and subwoofer.  Otherwise, I would use a Bose Soundtouch 650 without the third party receiver.

gerjman
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 9, 2019

Thanks folks. I will probably go with acoustimass or full Bose front and surround (same system).

rickatk
Noisy Narrator
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

@gerjman wrote:
Thanks folks. I will probably go with acoustimass or full nose front and surround (same system).

I would be interested in your thoughts about adding the non Bose sub to say an Acoustimass 10 system if you go that way. 

Good luck with your choices.

Highlighted
gerjman
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 9, 2019

Thanks rickatk, I will let you know what I end up doing,  it will be a few months, we are just constructing the room now  (add on extension to the house, finishing framing now).   I'm planning ahead here so I can add sufficient wiring before sheetrock.

-Greg

Morlock
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Dec 4, 2016

@rickatk wrote:

I am not sure ADAPTiQ discriminates against non Bose speakers. 

In certain circumstances you may be correct.  If you plugged in non bose speakers into the wireless modules the SB700 would detect the rears and run adaptIq for the full system.  If he has rears and a Bass plugged into an amplifier before the signal goes into the SB700, then AdaptIQ would run as if there was only the soundbar in the mix (and there is no way for it to output any test sounds to those speakers anyway).  In essence it assumes that the surround and bass all come from the soundbar and runs adaptiq to suit that.