Highlighted
Kingallstar
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 13, 2019

Bose 700 Soundbar Sound Cutting Out

$1500 for one night of an awesome viewing experience. The next day everything went to shambles. I really want this Soundbar to work but it’s easier to return it than to unplug everything, disable settings, try different cables, or jump through however many other hoops just to get this thing working properly again. $1500 should secure an easy setup and awesome listening experience. I’ve only had this system for a few days and I’ve tried every setting on my Samsung UN75NU8000 and my Roku Ultra. I’m hooked up with an HDMI arc connection. The sound still cuts out for about one second about every ten minutes. It’s unbearable. It’s an embarrassment when guests are over. Is the only real solution to return this thing? I made a video of the issue with more details in the description.

https://youtu.be/IyaPK86VmT0
3 REPLIES 3
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Feb 26, 2019

Re: Bose 700 Soundbar Sound Cutting Out

Hi, Kingallstar.

Welcome to the community and thank you for posting. I'm so sorry that you're experiencing this issue. It sounds very frustrating.

I suspect that this has something to do with HDMI-CEC communication between the TV and the soundbar. A solution that I'm quite confident will resolve the issue is to connect the Soundbar to the TV using an optical cable. The audio quality will be just as high when using an optical cable as it is when using HDMI. The TV and soundbar will not turn on at the same time, though you can power both of them on with the Bose universal remote.

If you'd like to keep using HDMI,  there may still be a solution. In the Bose Music app, there is a setting called "Advanced CEC". You can see this in your Youtube video, at 1:36. Changing that setting to "Alternate On" may give you stable audio.

If neither of these work, I suggest calling our Technical Support team by telephone. It will be easier to troubleshoot the issue in real-time than it will be going back-and-forth on the forum. To find the correct number, please select your country from this list. Then, on the following page, scroll down to "Contact Us".

Please let me know how you get on.

Best regards,

Patrick A - Community Support

Kingallstar
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 13, 2019

I did two things that seemed to have solved the problem for now.

1) I am no longer using the Roku - I have started using the smart TV apps. The TV apps are not quite as fast as the Roku but they'll do.

2) I ran an optical cable. This is not what I wanted because of the loss in CEC and the ability to EASILY use the awesome looking Bose remote. The Bose remote does not communicate with the TV very well - when I want to fast forward by holding down the right arrow on the remote, it is no where near fast enough.

Luckily, the TV remote works well with both devices but I had to set the Bose 700 Soundbar to never go to sleep. Will this hurt the lifespan of the soundbar? 

Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Feb 26, 2019

Hi Kingallstar, 

Thank you for coming back to us. I'm sorry you've had to use a work around to get the system running.

Setting the Soundbar 700 to "never sleep" should not affect the lifespan of the speaker, as the speaker would receive constant power unless you disconnected it from the power outlet. 

if you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Many thanks

Leon_C - Community Support